Default Loving Reece Witherspoon's Book Club Recommendations

I tend to read in spurts and I love books that are engaging and that I finish fairly quickly. Given that many of us are reading more as a way to pass the time, I wanted to let you know about this "book club". I really, really like historical fiction and mysteries. I tried a few books from the Reece Witherspoon book club and am now ordering more. I really like them!!! These books all have strong female characters and are written well. I am also into happy endings. I really don't need "shattering" books at this point in time. Here is what I have read and really liked:

The Alice Network: Story of a former British spy and an American girl who turns up on her doorstep looking for her cousin. Romance, intrigue, you name it.
    Next Year in Havana: An American journalist of Cuban descent returns to Cuba to bury her grandmother's ashes and uncovers family secrets. Really interesting.
    Conviction by Denise Mina: A Scottish crime mystery. It all takes place in the Scottish Highlands. Fun to read because we are planning a vacation there.
    Where the Crawdads Sing--so many people have recommended it, I finally got to it and loved it.

Next, I am reading:
    The Secrets We Kept
    Giver of Stars
    And another mystery by Denise Mina
    I also ordered another WWII novel by the author of the Alice Network.

She has other books that are not historical fiction but they all have strong female characters and are well written. Nothing better than a good book in trying times.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for posting! I was looking for books that were entertaining and wouldn't bring me down.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you!

So funny! Cuz I started loading up my kindle with some books from her recommendations few days ago.

Haven’t had a cal Janice to start reading it but I love her list though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just ordered a few books from her recommendations. They arrived today. I'm reading Little Fires Everywhere first as I want to watch it on Hulu, but won't until I read the book. Where the Crawdads Sing is next!

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For me it's the Jenna Bush Hager book club over Reese W. I've read a few of her picks and really liked them, so i'm going to keep going.

https://www.today.com/shop/read-jenn...-hager-t164652

I read both of the Denise Mina mysteries, they were quite entertaining.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    For me it's the Jenna Bush Hager book club over Reese W. I've read a few of her picks and really liked them, so i'm going to keep going.

https://www.today.com/shop/read-jenn...-hager-t164652
    I’ve ordered a few from hers too, but haven’t started them yet.