Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Petegirl, call your ward! In our area the missionaries are dying for things to do since they can’t contact people in normal ways. I bet they would get groceries for you. Or somebody in your ward. I’d do it for sure! I have to go any way. I don’t get a bigger viral load from TWO cans of beans instead of one (I don’t think!) I bet someone would be happy to do it!

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have had people offer to watch my kids, which is why I'm thinking about the idea. Most of them have kids too, so I don't know what they are doing for groceries.
    Bisous, the missionaries here aren't allowed to do service for members, I guess they get taken advantage of too often. They also don't have a car so I don't think they could do grocery shopping for a family very well.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Can a neighbor watch your kids while they are outside in your own yard? Maybe on a swing set and the neighbors are out and paying attention to them?
    If I didn't have a 2 yr old. He needs direct supervision, a grocery store would honestly be safer at his age! Ha ha!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    If I didn't have a 2 yr old. He needs direct supervision, a grocery store would honestly be safer at his age! Ha ha!
    Do you have one of those shopping cart covers? If so, maybe using that and take him. I would worry about the air and him not wearing a mask though.

If you know your friends have been isolating pretty well, then I guess your best option is to have them watch your kids and you go shopping. We all are doing the best we can, but unless we live in a bubble, we all are at some risk. It is just trying to minimize the risks the best that we can.

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    So, I'm having the same problem with grocery delivery, it's not working out. So I'm having to go the store once a week. The best time to go to get things is a weekday morning, but since DH is still working that means I have to take the kids. I would rather ask a neighbor to watch them....would that be a bad thing to do, we could swap so she could go one day too. I know it isn't ideal but seems better than taking the boys. If I wait until Saturday, then I won't get anything I need.
    Do you have a walmart grocery pickup nearby? The time slots open for only 2 days in advance at midnight so you can grab a spot for the next day then. Pick the earliest time in advance even if you can't get there then, that way they shop earlier while stuff is in stock. (They have coolers in the pickup area to keep stuff cool.) Also it's free!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Does he take naps? I had a close neighbor that would use my baby monitor to watch my napping DS. She had a key to go help him if he needed it but sometimes she’d just watch him from her house next door! Maybe that could work for a quick grocery run?

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't think it's been suggested but in your situation I'd strongly consider temporary Sunday trips. I understand that you avoid them for religious reasons but given your health and your husband's work schedule it seems like the best fit and I'd hope that churches would be understanding given the circumstances. If that isn't possible I'd find a way to wedge it in before or after your husband's work schedule. I would not take young kids into the store right now because they tend to touch everything and their faces and they would slow you down.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I don't think it's been suggested but in your situation I'd strongly consider temporary Sunday trips. I understand that you avoid them for religious reasons but given your health and your husband's work schedule it seems like the best fit and I'd hope that churches would be understanding given the circumstances. If that isn't possible I'd find a way to wedge it in before or after your husband's work schedule. I would not take young kids into the store right now because they tend to touch everything and their faces and they would slow you down.
    I agree with this.

You need to argue your MS and go during senior hours....good luck Petesgirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I share your faith and I'm a very strict observer of its tenets. I would consider shopping on Sunday in this temporary situation. You aren't doing anything frivolous but are trying to keep your family healthy. You have to follow your own convictions obviously! But if it meant you could get food and not have to bring the kids or expose them to another family's germs I think that in these crazy times, when so many other norms have been suspended, that that would be totally understandable! Good luck!!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

To the original poster:
    Part of what is rightfully upsetting you is your brother is getting the benefits of the closeness to your parents and for him it seems worth the risk. You are assuming the same risk, your parents might get sick and die, with no benefits.

I think the best thing you can do is call your parents and tell them this. Tell them you will miss them if you aren’t there. Tell them you feel helpless you can’t go travel and see them. Tell them if they get sick and in the hospital you won’t be able to visit and you might lose them without ever saying good bye.

They will probably tell then you worry to much. For him the risk might be worth it. Don’t have a fight about that, just say maybe you do, but those are your feelings. That you miss them and you wish you had the option to see them. I think you can make this into a positive conversation where you can discuss these important matters.

This is all assuming your parents are normal and not going to guilt trip you or blame you for not living near by. Either way I see no upside in talking to your brother about it. As far as I’m concerned he’d be better off having no of life conversations with your parents if he’s spending time with them.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast