Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help with work from home no dry cleaning shirts please!

Hello,
    We were in the of a move when COVID 19 struck and all of our belongings are in storage. I work from home doing teletherapy and had several shirts with me but they all require dry cleaning. Can anyone recommend any comfortable professional looking shirts that don't require dry cleaning or ironing?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotbaby View Post
    Hello,
    We were in the of a move when COVID 19 struck and all of our belongings are in storage. I work from home doing teletherapy and had several shirts with me but they all require dry cleaning. Can anyone recommend any comfortable professional looking shirts that don't require dry cleaning or ironing?
    Thank you!
    Almost any shirt (even plain white t-shirt or cami) will look professional enough for video meetings/therapy if you can put a cardigan or blazer over it. The third piece really dresses it up, and they won't see details like the weight or texture of the fabric.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Talbots and Lands End both have no iron dress shirts that are awesome. That’s all I buy anymore!! They aren’t cheap but they are worth it—like $70 a shirt.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hello,
    Thank you!
    What is the fabric content of your shirts? I worked at a dry cleaners in high school and can tell you that clothing manufacturers often put the “dry clean only” label on clothes they haven’t tested for care instructions. But most fabrics can be safely hand washed cold (separately if heavily dyed) and dried flat. Some of exceptions are wool, and unshrunk cotton.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

They are blouses- not sure of the fabric but I will look. I think they would be terribly wrinkled. And due to being in the middle of a move we don't even have a flat surface to lay things on. We are in a small space with family!

Good point- I am working in a room with no circulation and a skylight so super hot. I don't know if I can handle a cardigan even- definitely not a blazer- lol.

Good point- I am working in a room with no circulation and a skylight so super hot. I don't know if I can handle a cardigan even- definitely not a blazer- lol.
    Ooh, yeah, you might need something more light weight then! I forget it isn't cold everywhere
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

honestly, I would pick the shirt you like least and throw it in the washer on cold delicate and fluff dry. So much stuff says dry clean only but will survive a gentle washes. Esp if you put them in a large mesh bag.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I having been using Dryel since it came out in the early 90s. I mainly use it for sweaters, but have used it for shirts as well and it works great. I also tend to wash my dry clean only pants and skirts, but I always hang dry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would order a couple tank tops or short sleeves from Target. You can wash and hang as soon as the dryer finishes. Throw a cardigan or other light top over them and you’ll be fine. Won’t cost a ton and no need to worry about being careful with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast