Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE: Breville food processor

UPDATE:

I decided what the heck and splurged on the top of the line Breville with the powerful motor and dicing and potato peeling LOL but I used Amex gift card points so no guilt I love this thing! I’ve been using it almost daily, though I haven’t tried out the peeler yet. Aside from some difficulties with slicing mozzarella cheese, everything has turned out perfectly.
    The small chopper is so powerful that I ended up mashing a small batch of onions LOL It worked out because ds doesn’t like onion bits but he will eat this without his knowledge.

——————-

I’m trying to decide between the various breville food processors. I started looking before, But now that I’m cooking more and trying to freeze things, I really need it. And my old cuisinart food processor AND my blender broke recently.
    I want one with a very powerful motor because I’m sick and tired of these sorts of appliances breaking down. Does anyone have a Breville food processor? Any suggestions on the model?
    Does anyone have the top-of-the-line dicing one? It seems really extreme and expensive, but I’m going to be using rewards points on this with a gift card so I’m willing to splurge. I think I will use it a lot because I do tend to use my mini Cuisinart quite a bit, but recently it’s been getting stuck almost every time.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 04-24-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the breville sous chef and love it!

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...or-12-cup-pro/

I love the dough attachment to make bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Breville Sous Chef™ Food Processor, 12-Cup and I especially like the different blades and attachments.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am still plugging along with my 17 year old 7 cup Cuisinart we got as a wedding gift. I am on my second mini Cuisinart though, but the first lasted a good long time...maybe 10 years. My mom’s 11 cup Cuisinart is at least 20 years old. I have never wanted anything bigger honestly and mine does fine for a loaf of bread, a pie crust, and the chopping and shredding I usually use it for. I can’t find flour anywhere right now so I am sadly not using for baking so I am no real help. When mine dies maybe I will upgrade but now I am happy with my current one.

Have you checked Wirecutter for reviews?

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Default Breville food processor

Duplicate
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update in OP
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I am still plugging along with my 17 year old 7 cup Cuisinart we got as a wedding gift. I am on my second mini Cuisinart though, but the first lasted a good long time...maybe 10 years. My mom’s 11 cup Cuisinart is at least 20 years old. I have never wanted anything bigger honestly and mine does fine for a loaf of bread, a pie crust, and the chopping and shredding I usually use it for. I can’t find flour anywhere right now so I am sadly not using for baking so I am no real help. When mine dies maybe I will upgrade but now I am happy with my current one.

Have you checked Wirecutter for reviews?

Target was fully stocked with flour and all types of sugar when I had to go last week.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Target was fully stocked with flour and all types of sugar when I had to go last week.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    I finally saw a 10 lb. bag at the Target closest to my house last week, which was a first since the quarantine started. The other Target we go to (because I really don’t like the 2 story behemoth Target near my house) near Long Beach State was out last night again, but I didn’t need it. Thankfully I had bought 6 lbs. from a local restaurant two weeks ago. There not being sugar has never been an issue.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yeah, I saw it demoed on YouTube on a channel I watch https://youtu.be/43hNy6JW09I

Thanks for the review OP. I cannot invest so much right now but for now I’m quite happy with this mini chopper for chopping an onion or mincing some ginger or a few garlic cloves https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXVZI7F..._63cPEb3K60JRP

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011