Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Guided Meditation Apps

I have to add meditation to my stress battling arsenal. I have heard of Head Space. Has anybody here tried it? Do you like it? What are some others that people have tried and liked/not liked. Thanks so much!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thinking the same thing! I've looked at Calm and Brain.fm.
    Any reviews on either of those? Or others?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really like the look of the free version of Soultime. But haven’t actually signed up for any of them yet.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have used Headspace (had a free 30 day trial), Calm, Breath and Breath kids (for my daughter), and Simple Habit. There were things I liked about each. I used them mostly when my oldest daughter was in 5th grade and was having anxiety about school, we did meditation every night together before bedtime. I think it was Calm or Simple Habit that recently sent me an email about more free options available right now (each app has some free stuff and some paid stuff). I just got the extended 90 day free trial of Fitbit Premium to try out and they have meditations too that I may try.

We've been using Head Space in our house for various people for about the last years. Originally started with the free version for DS1. DS2 really responded to it as did I when I sat with him doing it so we bought the full version. There seems to be a meditation for every situation. I've done a few in the last week (I'm an ICU nurse at a tertiary care center) and found it helpful, especially before bed. I believe your DH is a doc - at least one of the meditation apps is offering a free full subscription for providers.

ETA - Headspace is offering free access with your NPI number through the end of the year.
    Last edited by carolinamama; 03-31-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I received this email from Calm with free resources they are offering right now and it said to share with others:
    https://www.calm.com/blog/take-a-dee...nonsubs_031720

I always recommend Insight Timer to my clients. So many great meditations to choose from!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Just paid for Headspace and did a beginner 3 minutes session and then did a 10 minute stress reduction
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Hit send too fast. Really liked it. Helped “pop the top” off the bottled up stress at the end of the day
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

I suggested to DH the other day that I dust off my Headspace subscription b/c they have some kids meditations and I thought maybe we all could do it as a family at night/settle down. That night was terrible, DD was doing her best stand up comic impersonation and keeping everyone in stitches/refusing to settle down/mocking the guided meditation. But tonight she asked for it, but said she wanted a different narrator than the regular one (the founder, Andy). She and I just found a whole set of 'sleepcasts' epsiodes that are 45 min - 20 min of a soothing story and the 20 min of white noise. They were quite charming. I am going to try and start doing it for myself.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast