Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default And my governor is OPENING things up again

I know everyone is sick of hearing about 'the virus' but I'm so bugged by the way my state is handling things. They haven't declared any sort of shut down/lock down-- they have asked people to do it, but no force behind it. Now, today the governor just announced that restaurant lobbies will open again for take out only!! I know it doesn't *seem* like a big deal but our cases jumped by 125 since yesterday this is NOT the time to be opening anything.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Whuck?????? We have been doing takeout once a week to support local restaurants. I’m not going into a lobby. What’s wrong with curbside pick up?? For the love of Pete!!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I do not understand the motivation behind it. It's still pickup, only now pickup with more personal risk.

I have seen friends posting on FaceBook about believing that all the stay-at-home mandates are unconstitutional. They usually have a slant about the economy being just as important as public health. I wonder if politicians are getting lots of push back from certain industries and are caving under the pressure. I cannot imagine it won't all go horribly wrong.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I have seen friends posting on FaceBook about believing that all the stay-at-home mandates are unconstitutional. They usually have a slant about the economy being just as important as public health. I wonder if politicians are getting lots of push back from certain industries and are caving under the pressure. I cannot imagine it won't all go horribly wrong.
    This is my guess too, because I keep seeing the same thing--- a lot of people are more concerned about the economy at this point. It's making me crazy.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We can go inside to pick up take-out here, and we have some of the toughest shut down rules here. We only did once and there were not many people there, other than the workers, and they made everyone stand far apart.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    This is my husband's opinion .

I agree with the economy being important. I wonder how many we'll loose to suicide because of the stress, or domestic violence/child abuse. I wonder how many people will loose their jobs and homes and put their families being at risk that way. But geeze, I'm not willing to sacrifice the elderly and anyone with health issues to preserve the economy.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We can go inside to pick up take-out here, and we have some of the toughest shut down rules here. We only did once and there were not many people there, other than the workers, and they made everyone stand far apart.
    Exactly. We did it last Saturday and we were the only people other than the staff there. I felt safe and it was nice to get out of the house for even 20 minutes .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

One of our local restaurants posted on Facebook that they don’t want people their restaurant. Call upon arrival and they’ll bring things out. They were very adamant.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Most of our local restaurants have the doors locked w/ a sign to call for pick up. Everything must be pre paid w/ a credit card. We're in NE NJ where it's BAD! Really BAD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast