Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I’ve cut DS’s hair with clippers before. I do clippers all around but a long guard on top fading into shorter in the sides/back. For me the hardest thing to realize was how many times you sometimes have to go over an area to get all the hair with trimmers. He’s growing out his hair now and just by luck DH had his hair cut a few days before we locked down. I joked with him that it was a good thing his barber cut it extra short as his pandemic haircut, but it turns out it wasn’t such a joke after all.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We’re just going shaggy here!!! I’d fail miserably with their hair!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    My guys have been wanting to grow their hair out so thi is the perfect time. Luckily we got it cut the week we went into lockdown so it’s not too bad yet.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Same as other pp's. DS always says he wanted to grow his hair long, so we are letting him. Its also a bribe.... he has to follow his dermatologist directions for his skin (he has poor compliance) and if he neglects, grandma gets to cut it. Also, it gets cut when we are no longer stay-in-place and have somewhere to go..... DS is actually 17, so I'm surprised I still have this much influence on his hair cut.

I'm kinda curious to see what he will look like with long hair and if he will still want long hair after living with a shaggy head. : )

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My kids are mixed with curly hair. DS2 has been trying to grow his hair out like Bob Ross since before this all started! Now is his time to shine!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Luckily I got DS1’s haircut a week before everything shut down. It’s was pretty long before. So he’s used to his hair being shaggy.

Ds2 has curly hair and I usually cut it myself. Right now it’s pretty long. Curly hair is more forgiving. He loves it long and never wants me to cut his curls.

DH has his hair cut at the last possible second. Literally the day before the governor ordered barber shops to **** down. He still has to go to work and see patients. I know that MIL has a hair cutting tool, and we can always get it from her if DH or DS1 is in dire need of a cut
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I did it and honestly, not so bad. I gave DS1's thick and stick straight hair full cut and it looks pretty decent. If anyone is debating giving a cut, if I can do it, so can you.

DS2 decided he wants to go shaggy. It just looks sloppy right now but he has a little body so maybe he will like it when it's longer.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My sister bought clippers and tried on my nephew JR the other day.

He wasn't happy, but his hair's cut.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    I’ve cut DS’s hair with clippers before. I do clippers all around but a long guard on top fading into shorter in the sides/back. For me the hardest thing to realize was how many times you sometimes have to go over an area to get all the hair with trimmers. He’s growing out his hair now and just by luck DH had his hair cut a few days before we locked down. I joked with him that it was a good thing his barber cut it extra short as his pandemic haircut, but it turns out it wasn’t such a joke after all.
    The week before we went into lockdown, my husband took my youngest DD for a haircut. He got it cut way too short. I seriously cried when he came home and I saw it. It’s been 3 weeks now and it is to a good length now. His hair grows super fast, but I’m sure we can make it another 6 weeks before we need to get it cut again,

I started cutting my boys' hair when IDS was maybe 3 and was a total PITA at the hair salon. I figured I could gauge his mood and use rewards to get us through the tough time rather than have him screaming at the stylist. I've done it off and on ever since (more on than off!). DH even has me do his hair the past few years. I don't know how long their hair is now but I'd start with the longest shield and work your way shorter as needed. I typically do the sides and back 1-2 levels shorter than the top. Be careful with trimming sans shield (like when trying to clean up the neck area) because if the blades aren't lined up perfectly on the clipper you can cause a razor burn or a cut!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2