Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I haven't been to a store in 2 weeks. Then it was hit or miss. I went really early - 5:30am - and they were still working through stocking. It was the last morning they were open that early (Meijer, which is typically 24 hours), so I hoped it would be less crowded and it was. Anyway, I got nearly everything I wanted, but I didn't need any paper products and that aisle was pretty empty.

Since then, I've heard that it's still pretty empty at times. But other times it's well stocked with fruit, meat, etc. I also hear some of the stores in other cities are much better stocked than ours. We have a small Meijer and not much else to pick from, so I think it gets quickly overwhelmed.

I've debated ordering online or doing a pick-up, but other than fruit, we are good for now, so I haven't. Maybe next week or so. We have some canned fruit, so that'll be fine.

I get milk at our local farm. They bottle it right there. Over the years, I've had to wait in line a very small handful of times, but Saturday there were 4 cars in front of me. It's a drive thru, so everyone thinks it is great now! I've been using it for ages because drive thru milk with little kids is the way to go . Anyhow, I can also get milk, eggs, bread, ice cream, and a few other things from them if I need.
    Kris

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I haven't been to the regular store or TJ's for about a month. I did go to Walmart 2 weeks ago and there were holes...and crowds, before the stay at home order. A week ago I went to Sam's and they put out eggs, with a limit initially, then they changed the limit to 3 per person. (Grabbed a 2 dozen package banded together, and also an 18 pack.) There was no skim milk.

If y'all are going every 2 weeks, are you just out of lettuce and fruit? Mine doesn't last (in our house) that long and it def. doesn't stay fresh.

I’ve only been one day, but 2 different stores. Both stores had limitations on how much you could buy. One was one of limited supply items. The other limited two of anything. Eggs, meat, frozen fish, were wiped out or very very low. Some dairy. Like milk was fine (Not all varieties there but still plenty) but containers like sour cream, ricotta, a lot of yogurt were gone. They did have toilet paper and disinfecting wipes but A worker told me you had to go to customer service to get one. (I didn’t need any but was in the cleaning area for another product when an exhausted worker saw me and told me.) I know from my neighborhood FB page I hit a lucky day for those items. Everything else looked fine although I didn’t look for pasta or beans. Cereals and baking items were fine. Produce looked good. Both were continually stocking with pallets at the ends. Both were not crowded. I did not attempt Trader Joe’s because of how tight it is, the lines and limit, etc mean I would be out for1-2 hours and I really wanted quick as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I did not attempt Trader Joe’s because of how tight it is, the lines and limit, etc mean I would be out for1-2 hours and I really wanted quick as possible.
    I went to TJs when the doors first opened for the morning, and the line was so long I just went home. I went back a few hours later and the line was 1/2 as long. I think it took maybe 30 minutes to get in. Since so few people were inside at a time (I think it was 10) social distancing was easy and getting around the store was quick. There was no line to check out.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I went to TJs when the doors first opened for the morning, and the line was so long I just went home. I went back a few hours later and the line was 1/2 as long. I think it took maybe 30 minutes to get in. Since so few people were inside at a time (I think it was 10) social distancing was easy and getting around the store was quick. There was no line to check out.
    I got lucky with the line. It looked long (I was way around the corner from the door) but probably waited 10-15 minutes. Every check out line was open. Since only 10-20(?) people are allowed in at once, it was lovely in the store and a breeze to check out!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

About 2 weeks ago there was no produce or meat. But this past Monday the grocery store was fully stocked with everything except toilet paper. They did have paper towels and a lot of cleaning supplies.

I'm going a bit more regularly then most here. I went Tuesday, Saturday and then the previous Sunday -- all to the same store.

There was a huge difference between the Sunday and Saturday visits. It seemed they had doubled the order on bread, so there was plenty. Milk and juice, which had been really spotty, had full cases. Meat case was still struggling with chicken and ground beef (although I did manage to grab two of the last packs of ground beef), but the steak section was really full and they have lots of ribs, which is good since it's getting warm enough to comfortably grill. I bought a couple of packs and we did that Sunday. I'm not doing any baking, but when I got coffee, I checked that part of the aisle with flour and sugar. It wasn't completely full, but it wasn't picked over, either. Not sure about yeast.

What was spotty on Saturday and Tuesday: Canned goods -- veggies, meat, soup. Frozen goods -- pizza, Hot Pockets, Oreida french fries, breaded and grilled chicken foods, individual meals.

I live in the central Piedmont of North Carolina.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I haven't been to the regular store or TJ's for about a month. I did go to Walmart 2 weeks ago and there were holes...and crowds, before the stay at home order. A week ago I went to Sam's and they put out eggs, with a limit initially, then they changed the limit to 3 per person. (Grabbed a 2 dozen package banded together, and also an 18 pack.) There was no skim milk.

If y'all are going every 2 weeks, are you just out of lettuce and fruit? Mine doesn't last (in our house) that long and it def. doesn't stay fresh.
    We usually make a weekly shopping trip (either I get grocery pick up or home delivery) because we need fresh fruits and vegetables. Or inevitably we run out of something like eggs, bread, milk or yogurt. I plan to keep ordering groceries for as long as possible so that we can continue to get fresh stuff.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 04-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got back. I have been doing Walmart pickup so I don't know what their shelves look like. I've been able to get most things I want but have had a few substitutes. You can't get meat from Walmart pickup for some reason (which is fine, I prefer the local grocery for meat), so I went to the local grocery chain for my meat. They had decent stock of meat and fresh produce, but their canned goods were very sparse. I couldn't find flour for my mom and I can't find any cleaning supplies. Bread is hit or miss for us, but that's because due to food allergies we can only have one brand. I was able to find our preferred brands at the local grocery store if I couldn't get them from Walmart. I'm trying to buy fresh and use the fresh produce and meat before I have to dig into the stock we have in the freezer or pantry.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went to Target last Tuesday (needed to pick up a prescription for DH) and I grabbed a few items. They were out of random stuff (no baby carrots, no eggs, no Target brand frozen veggies, very low on bread and canned fruit). Then I went to Aldis on Friday right before our Stay at Home order took effect to stock up. They were totally out of cereal and eggs, meat selection was low, some fresh fruits/veggies were low, good supply of bread and other stuff. We are still good on stuff right now except we are almost out of milk (I feel bad but I'm limiting the girls to one glass of milk a day and milk on cereal or oatmeal, to help it last longer - DD2 wants to drink it all the time, I told her we need to get a cow to keep up with her!). We are also out of some fresh fruit but I still have apples and clementines and lots of frozen fruit. DH has to go out tomorrow so he is going to try to grab 2 gallons (and maybe eggs if they have them) at a gas station store rather than going into a grocery store. After that I will try to do grocery delivery or curb side pick up.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast