Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven’t been for 3 weeks. I’ve done grocery pick up for the first time. Our stores are very depleted of meat and many other staples. Purchases are limited in number, pick up days are often 4+ days out from ordering, and the apps/websites are struggling with so many glitches and crashes.

All that said, I’m very thankful for the option to pick up groceries and avoid going inside. Meal planning while not shopping my normal 2x a week has been a real adjustment, esp with all of the out of stock items.
    K

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    If I remember correctly, I think you live pretty close to me. I'm in the SFV. I can't get delivery or curb side pick up. I managed to get one instacart order that I placed at midnight. I've been up working all hours of the night, and have tried at 1 am, 2am, 3am, etc, and have not once been able to get a delivery or curb pick up anywhere. It's really frustrating!!
    Yes, I'm in Sherman Oaks. And looking on Nextdoor it seems like nobody has been successful in getting grocery delivery. I've been able to get a few things here and there through Amazon like GF flour and baking mixes, diced tomatoes, chocolate chips, and sparkling water!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Delivery takes a few days here...like I ordered today for Monday delivery. I have to plan ahead. That was Shipt.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Whole Foods via Amazon just says “no spots. Try again later”. I’d happily book days ahead but I can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Whole Foods via Amazon just says “no spots. Try again later”. I’d happily book days ahead but I can’t.

I had the yesterday. I left the page open and refreshed it later, and I got a slot for like 2 hours later. I was shocked, but happy!

I've never done online grocery from anywhere, so I did goof on some sizes. Like, I got a silly small bottle of vegetable oil and another of juice. Note to self to check what sizes are currently in my kitchen, my brain apparently can't think in ounces. The "big" oil looked stupid big in the picture. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post

Our too
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OP here. We're in the boonies, so no delivery here. The empty store I was referencing is our closest, 45 min or so away. I did get a pick-up slot at my preferred store an hour away - ordered Thursday 8am to get a slot Tuesday 10am. So - I made a huge, huge order knowing that at least some of this will not be in stock. Depending on how much gets filled, I"m hoping this will be the bulk of what I need for April. I wish, I wish, I wish things would get back in stock!
    We do have a garage fridge/freezer, and have set up some folding tables we use at holiday time. We empty the garage into the house the day before new stuff arrives. Pantry stuff sits on the tables for a week. Fridge/freezer stuff goes to the garage fridge for as long as we can, soft produce gets washed/prepped shopping day (salad greens, berries, banana, ect).

I went to a local small regional chain grocery store today since I had to go to CVS anyway to pick up meds and it's next door. It was very well stocked. They only issues seemed to be the TP/Paper towel shelves. They had small packages of some no-name brand they don't normally carry.

They've put up plexiglass between the cashiers and customers (but not the full length of the station) and tape on the floor which you must stand behind when you are online waiting for the person ahead of you to complete the purchase.

I went in armed with mask, gloves, wipes. I was upset for the cashiers who had gloves but no masks. I hope that they will somehow get them for their own and health and safety.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It looks like a big building with food, but that's not important right now (sorry, had to go there - apologies to Leslie Neilsen)

Other than paper products, our Kroger was fully stocked this week. A few holes here and there, but for the most part there was a good selection of just about everything. They even had ground beef, which Costco was out of the week before.

Dried red beans are still out (they had a few other types, but not many), and paper towels and TP were limit one package and there was only one or two kinds of each. They were out of pineapples, of all things, but I think that was because they had an advertised sale and I went on Monday. There were still organic pineapples, but not the regular sale ones. If you are super picky about a specific brand or type of product you may have been out of luck (a friend wanted "Brooks Chili Beans" which were out or only had one variety, but there were plenty of store-brand and Bush's brand beans).
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH went to Whole Foods last night and was able to get most of what we needed... except FLOUR!! However, he could only get ONE ROLL of toilet paper and ONE roll of paper towel. Thankfully, I "overbought" on toilet paper just before this hit! I thought I needed one 12-pack, but bought 2 since they had a few left. I am SO GLAD that I did.

I have yet to go to the grocery store, DH has been going once a week or so. I want to do curbside pickup, but no where near us seems to be offering it and deliveries are impossible to schedule!

Stay save everyone!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast