Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been doing online pickup for groceries. I've been doing Central Market orders but you can't change an order once it's placed and I placed my order on April 1st for an April 10th time slot (which was the first available). That's crazy! (I like Central Market's policies/procedures they have in place, so this is the grocery store I'd go to if I had to go into an actual store.)

Another local grocery store has curbside pick up. I was able to place an order Thursday for Tuesday pickup AND I can actually modify my order until close to the pickup date. It's been good because I've been in touch with a friend and trying to add items to my order that she wasn't able to get through her shopping order at another store. It seems as if grocery store pickup spots are very scarce right now.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I found in my cleaning supplies an old N95 mask that I use for dusting. I would like to wear it to Target but I’m afraid someone will make a remark and I don’t wanna deal with anyone’s asinine comments. It’s an old beat up one and it’s comfortable. I tried wearing a scarf when I went out this weekend to a local candy store and apparently the thread count was too high because I couldn’t draw breath through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Wear your mask. If anyone is stupid enough to comment, ignore it. You are in the right here. Each person who wears a protective mask helps prevent the spread and that keeps people healthy and out of our hospitals. Signed, a front-line ICU nurse who doesn't begrudge anyone wearing masks
    Honestly, I'd just wear the N95 and not give a f*uck about what other people think or say. My family is all wearing N95s when out and we haven't gotten a single weird look or comment. Half the people out with masks are wearing medical masks! If someone made a comment I'd be tempted to say "I have cancer" and just walk away. Here in CA so many of us have N95s that we bought during the fires or had in our earthquake kits. Why on earth should we not use them??? My best friend's DH is a contractor and she has masks from his construction stuff, others have them from at home painting jobs, etc. I think it's dumb to go out and buy fabric masks or make ones when you already have perfectly good ones at home, ones that are actually proven to protect you and others.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH went to Wegmans today wearing a N95 we had on hand from when he was doing insulation work in our attic. He said the shelves were almost fully stocked. They had some off brand TP but no Clorox type wipes. He tried to buy about 3 weeks worth of groceries. We brought in and unpacked the perishables but left the rest in the car.

I did a curbside pick up for target today. Placed the order at 8:30 and it was ready at 11:30am and they had all the items in stock. It was all toiletries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Honestly, I'd just wear the N95 and not give a f*uck about what other people think or say. My family is all wearing N95s when out and we haven't gotten a single weird look or comment. Half the people out with masks are wearing medical masks! If someone made a comment I'd be tempted to say "I have cancer" and just walk away. Here in CA so many of us have N95s that we bought during the fires or had in our earthquake kits. Why on earth should we not use them??? My best friend's DH is a contractor and she has masks from his construction stuff, others have them from at home painting jobs, etc. I think it's dumb to go out and buy fabric masks or make ones when you already have perfectly good ones at home, ones that are actually proven to protect you and others.

How many times do you wear your N95 (or any other surgical type mask) before switching it out? I only had an N95 and didn't wear it to Target last week, and I regretted it immediately afterwards. It was so bizarre. I bought the N95 from way before this pandemic concern, but I guess I also felt bad to have one when I knew nurses/doctors didn't have enough. That being said, I should have just used it. I worried for days afterwards - and then the mandate to wear masks came out and I was kicking myself even more. I've since moved on, lol, but I do plan on wearing my mask next time I go shopping. But I have a couple "surgical masks" and then a couple N95s...still debating which to use and how often before switching out. As I understand it, doctors/nurses may need to use the same mask for their entire shift, or even longer.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    How many times do you wear your N95 (or any other surgical type mask) before switching it out? I only had an N95 and didn't wear it to Target last week, and I regretted it immediately afterwards. It was so bizarre. I bought the N95 from way before this pandemic concern, but I guess I also felt bad to have one when I knew nurses/doctors didn't have enough. That being said, I should have just used it. I worried for days afterwards - and then the mandate to wear masks came out and I was kicking myself even more. I've since moved on, lol, but I do plan on wearing my mask next time I go shopping. But I have a couple "surgical masks" and then a couple N95s...still debating which to use and how often before switching out. As I understand it, doctors/nurses may need to use the same mask for their entire shift, or even longer.
    If you leave your masks in your car after you use them, they should be fine to rewear the next time you need to go out. I cleaned my garage today and found three N95 masks from previous home improvement projects. I’m not 100% sure they’ve never been used so I can’t donate them. I plan to use them if we have to leave our house.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I work in a nursing home, I was given a surgical mask last Thursday, today was day 3, it looks nasty and I'm going to ask for a new one tomorrow. I feel like I'm breathing in all my own secretions all day long. I went on my once and a week grocery run Sunday at 5pm, store was pretty empty of people, and it was easy to stay well away form the few people who were there. I did not wear a mask as I don't have another one and my work one has to stay there.

Probably 80% of people did not have a mask on. Apparently on Sat a guy was there with a vintage gas mask. I am in central Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've only worn mine twice out in public so far, once for 2 hours when grocery shopping, and another time for a few minutes when I had to go into the pet store to get cat food (store was empty and cashier was wearing a medical mask too). I used hand sanitizer before and after taking it off and keep it in a paper bag in my trunk. Since it's in my trunk for days before using it again I'm assuming anything on it will be killed off and I'll keep using the same mask till it looks worn or the elastic gets stretched out.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

DH is a physician and has worn his N95 mask for over 2 weeks straight. He has zero other options. He doesn’t purposefully deal with CV19 patients, but his patients are high risk and he’s up in the ICU at least once a week visiting patients.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8