Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Tween / Teen Easter ideas

Most of my ideas are not really a good fit for quarantine. Any ideas? I feel like I need to order ASAP.

Tie dye kit? (That’s our fun project for the day). Slackline? (I bought one in early March for the impending quarantine. And my kids love it.)

DD (14) is asking for an exercise mat.

My boys (10 and 6) are getting electric toothbrushes and Pokémon cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We keep it very simple because DS (10) tosses things aside pretty quickly. I was in Target last week and picked up a couple of boxes of M&Ms, a PS4 gift card and a basic Gatorade bottle for when his AAU basketball season resumes. I also saw a video game t-shirt that I think he would like, but they didn't have his size. I need to order it. That will be it.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I'm doing mostly candy this year, as it was the easiest thing to get at the grocery store. Also ordering a ping pong net and paddles to use on our dining room table that I'll split between the three baskets. I think that will be it! We just bought a bunch of new art supplies, sidewalk chalk, and yoga mats for the kids, but didn't save them for Easter.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got DS CodeNames card game & a pool lacrosse set on Amazon. I ordered those a couple days ago and they should arrive in time. But today I searched for more for DD and everything was delivery April 23 or later- even with Prime. I got candy from the grocery store. DD is getting face masks I got last week when Anthropologie was 25% off, a paint by numbers and a necklace I forgot to give her at Christmas.

ETA: I mean beauty face masks... not medical ones!

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I got DS CodeNames card game & a pool lacrosse set on Amazon. I ordered those a couple days ago and they should arrive in time. But today I searched for more for DD and everything was delivery April 23 or later- even with Prime. I got candy from the grocery store. DD is getting face masks I got last week when Anthropologie was 25% off, a paint by numbers and a necklace I forgot to give her at Christmas.

ETA: I mean beauty face masks... not medical ones!
    13 yr. old DD1 started talking last night about how she had face masks she wants to use and DH and I were so confused! She meant beauty ones, but of course we thought medical ones because it is "corona time", which is the current term in our house for this whole situation!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have been filling their Easter baskets with mainly candy for years except for some fun small things. This year a good thing for mine would be puzzles, card games like Monopoly Deal, a star realms, or small craft kits for DD.The problem is that delivery has been spotty lately for some of our Amazon orders. So, this year I’m going with all candy in their baskets. When we were meal planning for Easter my 14yo said he just wanted some really good food. He said he didn’t need a lot of dessertS (because of the Easter baskets he knows are coming). But he wanted our Easter meal to be delicious.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I did in-store pick up at Target and an order on Amazon. In store pick up was great- minimal risk as it was very quick!

My girls:
    Purple semi-permanent hair dye- they want to use it on the last few inches of their hair. I may use some too. Got to figure out some benefits of not going into work!
    Nice jump rope
    Sidewalk chalk and blue tape
    Forgetting the name-- upgraded silly putty that comes in tins

Felt totally stumped for my teenage son. Got him a new shirt, bocce ball (how random is that!), the silly putty like stuff (the name still escapes me) and specialty candy that he likes.

Plus typical Easter candy for all three.

For the family:
    Easter Egg Hunt. We're all sad that our annual family hunt with 20+ kids is canceled. I got supplies but honestly am not sure how it'll go over. Even if I put cash in the eggs- where will they spend it?

S'mores supplies. We're vegetarians and all our local stores are out of vegan marshmallows, so this will be a fun surprise and an activity for Easter night.

Is it Crazy Aaron's Thinking putty?

Thanks for the ideas, Everyone!
    I'm planning to order some outdoor stuff... some rubber bases and wiffle balls, bubbles, maybe Rollerblades for DD (DS has some).

I ordered a Ninja line and a few more accessories to go with it. I plan to give it to all kids together but expect that DD (8) will use it most (competitive gymnast so she has the upper body strength to have he most fun). I have candy to fill the baskets as well. I have a few Lego sets on the way that I could throw in and arts and crafts kits for DD if they arrive in time.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast