Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a couple of times (we had Chipotle last night). Mostly pizza though.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

We’ve done a ton of takeout. I just don’t have the patience to cook every single meal every single day. Last night we got Chili’s. We’ve also gotten Outback, Bojangles, picked up lunch from McDonald’s a couple of times, gotten dinner from several local places. DH has gone to get the food and he says there are always a fair number of cars waiting. Like someone mentioned above, he says he’s more comfortable picking up then getting delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post

We put our food on our own plates and wash our hands and throw away containers, but that is all we have done differently with takeout.
    Same.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're getting take out about twice a week. Good to break up the drudge of home cooking and another way to support local businesses. We're eating at home for 3 meals a day, so it's a nice luxury.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We do about once a week. Social distancing could go on for months and this has to stay a tolerable situation for us all. Take-out is something my my whole family enjoys. We are very careful about it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So bummed. This week’s takeout was sub-par. Not worth the expense or hassle. It’s usually much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So bummed. This week’s takeout was sub-par. Not worth the expense or hassle. It’s usually much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We have not yet. I’m totally sick of cooking every damn meal. We are trying to decide if it’s worth the risk. It doesn’t sound like transmission through food is a risk at all, but more so packing or contact with restaurant workers. I’m guessing we will break down and do so at some point. We typically eat our or take in twice a week. So 3+ weeks of me cooking is a long time. Last restaurant experience was on my birthday on March 11. (I have lost a few pounds...intermittent fasting for a month did nothing, but being quarantined at home...results.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Absolutely not. Three of the four people in my home have preexisting conditions. The only thing we might order would be pizza that is prepared in the store and you cook yourself, but my pizza dough is better. Until I run our of flour, nope.

We've only done one pizza so far. It helps that DH cooks a lot, but we're getting very tired of making every meal, especially when I'm used to the kids eating hot lunch at school most days. I'd love to order take-out once a week to mix things up, but don't want to risk it.

Right before the lockdown happened, I went to pick up fresh pizza pies from our local small pizzeria, and picked up their homemade frozen pies. That saved us twice thus far in 3 weeks of lockdown.

Last week was first time we ordered takeout; we only order where meals are already paid online or over the phone, so no exchange of cc is happening. Curbside pickups too.

More restaurants have joined in the curbside or texting each customer so only one go in store to get their orders. Will do this weekend. We usually do take outs 1-2x a week and eat out 1x a week, so what we’re doing is a cutback already for us, and I’m so busy to cook more meals as it is. I figure I’m also helping to support local restaurants survive too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast