Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

We haven't done takeout because DH is at high risk for complications. I did read this article about food safety during the pandemic, and found it very informative and reassuring:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/...ive-guide.html
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

we only did pizza one time. it's getting tough cooking every night!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have done takeout a few times over the last 3 weeks. I do the same routines that others have talked about here and try to be as careful as possible. It is nice to have a break in the routine and nice to support local businesses.

We are not. I think I would be ok with it (with the precautions some of you mentioned) but my husband is not so we are avoiding it. We bought some extra convenience foods like frozen skillet meals and pizzas from the grocery store for when we don’t feel like making anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Nope, this is an absolute no for me. We will eat dry cereal for dinner before we eat takeout as long as the virus is circulating in our community.
    This is DH’s thought. We haven’t had take out since 3/13. All food since then has been prepared by us. We have way more junk food in our house than we ever have. It has kept DC happy and not thinking about eating out.
    Last edited by jgenie; 04-02-2020 at 09:03 PM.

We haven’t yet but potentially will.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've done take out just a few times. Used most of the methods others have already posted. DH and I are very leery of take out drinks. Having a cup that will sit around and we touch several times. So we have skipped those. (And it's not the same pouring the drink in a glass )
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have a bit, and usually from local places. Our city has the most restaurants per capita of any US city, people love to eat out here. A Facebook group with all the places doing curbside pick up and delivery is so insane! So many local restaurants have begun doing high volume takeout and some places have jumped in just this week after local "fans" kept asking for them to open up. It's nice to see the community getting behind businesses. They are also supporting donations of pizza etc to first responders and health care workers, with places like pizza Hut and Domino's who of course have local workers.

My neighbor is the head ER nurse at the hospital, she has told me and others that the risk to you either from take out or even occasionally going to the grocery store is small, hand washing is still your biggest defence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used to cook most meals at home but DH and I ate takeout for Saturday lunch just to get a break.
    Last DH got something was 2 weeks ago, I feel like it’s quite an ordeal to sanitize. Instead of all that effort I’d just whip up something and eat without lingering doubts. Also, my choices if restaurants are limited and those aren’t even open probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we did last week we didn't this week. We might break down and do pizza but I don't think it is worth anything else (we had been doing fully cooked things from a place we know super well).
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast