Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Yeah, me too! We've been eating more carb-y things since we're home so much...

Is anyone planning on ordering takeout for Easter? Our favorite local restaurant, that has an amazing brunch, sent an e-mail today about take-out brunch for Easter Sunday, and though we haven't done any takeout in the last month or so, I'm very tempted by this, since it's a holiday (we usually go to my parents' and have an egg hunt and a big meal), and it's my favorite place to have brunch.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm planning to pick something up for Easter. A lot of places around here have special Easter menus. Most places are doing curbside. I feel like I'm way less exposed doing a curbside take-out meal than I am going into the grocery store.

This is so hard and I know different people feel comfortable doing different things. I'm cooking at home a whole lot, but we still do takeout a few times per week to places that do curbside pickup.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Yeah, me too! We've been eating more carb-y things since we're home so much...

Is anyone planning on ordering takeout for Easter? Our favorite local restaurant, that has an amazing brunch, sent an e-mail today about take-out brunch for Easter Sunday, and though we haven't done any takeout in the last month or so, I'm very tempted by this, since it's a holiday (we usually go to my parents' and have an egg hunt and a big meal), and it's my favorite place to have brunch.
    I should have done this. Instead I’m cooking a bunch with the kids. Which is fine but this would have been the perfect reason to get a lovely meal from our favorite restaurant. I just wasn’t thinking.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Nope. Last time was March 15.

for Sandy Hook

We’ve done one contactless delivery just for something different. And one take out for Dds birthday.
    I’m so sick of making food.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We’ve done one contactless delivery just for something different. And one take out for Dds birthday.
    I’m so sick of making food.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I got takeout sushi from the place around the corner today for lunch. So.good. lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Before the enhanced restrictions, we were doing about one takeout meal per week.

The last takeout we had was about 3 weeks ago; I was still getting over a cold with a lingering cough, so didn't feel up to cooking often.

We have not ordered in since the enhanced lockdowns. Not even for my birthday (3/29) - I made lasagna.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    The grocery store experience is not fun for me. We're otherwise totally socially distancing and the vibe is so strange now! Every stranger on the street is a potential germ fest. I'm having not so much a hard time staying in, but a hard time going out! By contrast, takeout feels easy to me.
    Yes to this! I really hate going to the store now. I normally don’t mind at all and take my time going around, get ideas for what to make based on what’s on sale, etc. Of course I can’t do that now, but it’s so depressing to be out there where everyone has his/her head down, casting furtive glances at the other shoppers. It’s just so awkward and sad. I ordered curbside for tomorrow so I don’t have to go back in. I spent way longer trying to get an order together and find a store with a pickup time, but at least I’m doing my part to flatten the curve and also not subjecting myself to the pleasantness that’s grocery shopping currently is. As far as takeout, we order twice a week and are trying to do all small, local restaurants so that they will hopefully be there when everything reopens.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've done takeout about once a week for the past 3 weeks. One local Thai place, one local pizza place, and once to Chik-fil-a (don't judge ). I am considering getting a family meal for Easter but not sure. I haven't done anything to prepare for that!

I've been going to the grocery store once a week, when we need fruits/veggies. Fam knows if the item they want isn't on the list then, they suffer without it for another week. I have heard too many fails with delivery (Instacart people won't pick your order, delivery never arrives, too many substituions, etc) that it stresses me out less to go.

I did Trader Joe's yesterday. It wasn't crowded at all due to customer limits. 98% of people had masks. Of course at TJ's you run the risk of not getting some "regular' things they don't carry, so I'm hoping to make the week before going to a typical store.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6