Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our family is having kind of our own book club. We are reading (or re-reading) a classic novel and talking about it over dinner. We just finished 20,000 leagues under the sea, I think we're going to do Call of the Wild next, DS wants to see the new movie and I told him to read it first. (5th grader)

We have seriously crappy internet. It has made us be very aware who has to work when, and made us all compromise so we can all get our stuff done. WE spend a lot more time talking about what/when we are doing things than ever. (Bonus - This whole being at home together thing has really made my guys realize how much time I spend in housework and logistics.)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Our family is having kind of our own book club. We are reading (or re-reading) a classic novel and talking about it over dinner. We just finished 20,000 leagues under the sea, I think we're going to do Call of the Wild next, DS wants to see the new movie and I told him to read it first. (5th grader)

We have seriously crappy internet. It has made us be very aware who has to work when, and made us all compromise so we can all get our stuff done. WE spend a lot more time talking about what/when we are doing things than ever. (Bonus - This whole being at home together thing has really made my guys realize how much time I spend in housework and logistics.)
    That's fabulous! Reading classics aloud is my secret dream.

As a family I am reading Harry Potter 1 to my two littles and I'm finishing up Harry Potter 7 for DS2. DS1 listens in when he has time. As a teenager with AP classes and the like he's found himself a little less busy than before the quarantine but he's still pretty busy!

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

I love this idea. Wonder if I could get my people to buy into this. So far we have been having dinner together every night and then every other night we have a "forced family fun" night that has either been a movie or game. When the weather gets better I'd like to add a bike ride or some outside yard games and hanging out around the fire pit. But so far it's been cold or rainy here.

Just read a recommendation to try to have at least one time each day for a family gathering where everyone gets to say one gripe, one appreciation and one hope. I think I'm going to try to implement it at dinner time.

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I missed the nerf laser guns....which ones are they?

The girls and I and hubby have been watching through Monk in the evenings. It seems especially funny given our current isolation/germs situation. Plus I just love the storyline with his wife.

We have been taking more walks. DS and I have read through about 6 chapter books together and we are trying to play some of our board games that we never had a chance to learn. Trying to train the new puppy. Weekends are when we are really at loose ends. We have some projects to do but our “fun” time is starting to feel really repetitive.
    Monk is my favorite!!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I'm having the kids cook with me more. Mostly one at a time because all three is not helpful.

The most common evenings involve a movie in our kid/loft area. DH watches and plays on his phone. DS1 builds with Lego. DS2 plays with a building toy or his phone while watching. DD does Lego or other building toy while watching. I end up sorting a lot of Lego while watching movies.

The kids and I are playing more games in the late afternoon and early evening while DH is still working. Then we're outside and dinner time. Bedtimes have moved later so we can start a movie at 7:30 or 8:00 and still finish with time to journal (my only covid-19 requirement) before bed.

til I'm done at work I'm exhausted. At the moment as a nurse educator we are training all the non inpt staff to be inpt staff in preperation for a surge in pts so I'm exhausted. BUT the kids alternate making super with me, we're doing family devotions and on the weekends we do game night etc.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a projector (Nebula capsule) and have been watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica every night. I ordered a badminton set for Easter. We do some board games sometimes too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3