Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Remember those Nerf Laser guns you all recommended? That's been the family favorite activity for over a week. Combined with some Spy Gear Video walkie talkies, they run around our property with DH for an hour. They're asking for another set so I can join, but very high pollen levels have kept me inside for 2 weeks almost.

Other than that, chess, Life, Disney +, walks with DH (was me, but again...pollen)
    I missed the nerf laser guns....which ones are they?

The girls and I and hubby have been watching through Monk in the evenings. It seems especially funny given our current isolation/germs situation. Plus I just love the storyline with his wife.

We have been taking more walks. DS and I have read through about 6 chapter books together and we are trying to play some of our board games that we never had a chance to learn. Trying to train the new puppy. Weekends are when we are really at loose ends. We have some projects to do but our “fun” time is starting to feel really repetitive.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dinner.
    Once a week movie or Game.
    I’m still working at hospital, my DH still has craziness trying to keep a local government’s IT running. My DS works one day a week at the Grocery store. 82 yo MIL is social distancing in our house. 13 DS introvert and happy as a clam. (Now that metaphor makes sense.)

We are a fairly nerdy, non-sporty family that never over scheduled our kids. (Shout out to all the other Gen-X parents.) We seem to be doing much better than others stress wise, and that’s with the free floating anxiety mommy may die from work. I think what parents should be doing more to model independent ways for family members to occupy themselves. I find dinner is a great time to go over “what did you do to occupy yourself today” and offer suggestions.

Oh, cleaning. Our new “Keep grandma alive” cleaning and disinfectant schedule has a been a time occupying success so far.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Watching Marvel movies and playing games b

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don’t know if this is the right thread to mention this but I have a small vent about online school. I appreciate and understand the teachers are trying to do their best, I truly do. But they send atleast 2 emails per teacher about the assignments or zoom cal timings or just summary of what they did or going to do. That’s a lot of emails throughout the day. It’s my work day, I have no time to read all your little details and then update the kids
    I have mentioned a couple of times to the kids that need to stay on top of these things with online school. I know 6th grader DD does but I’m not sure DS 3rd grader can and does it always. I’ve decided not to sweat it because there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone else feeling the same way?

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    I don’t know if this is the right thread to mention this but I have a small vent about online school. I appreciate and understand the teachers are trying to do their best, I truly do. But they send atleast 2 emails per teacher about the assignments or zoom cal timings or just summary of what they did or going to do. That’s a lot of emails throughout the day. It’s my work day, I have no time to read all your little details and then update the kids
    I have mentioned a couple of times to the kids that need to stay on top of these things with online school. I know 6th grader DD does but I’m not sure DS 3rd grader can and does it always. I’ve decided not to sweat it because there is nothing I can do about it. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Not an issue with our school. 🤷*♀️ I wouldn’t stress about anything school related now anyway though.

Yeah, our distance learning is only taking 30 min-1 hour for my younger one, and about an hour for my older one. Nothing for my preschooler other than a video or two that her teacher sends. So they get done about 10 in the morning, and have the rest of the day and night free to do whatever (I'm a SAHM). So it gets to be a looooong day and night (we don't have any online sports practices or anything, it's just whatever I can find online or take him to the park to do drills). .

We were definitely not over scheduled before, so we have a lot of free time to fill. We had a week of spring break, a week of nothing, distance learning this week and next (but only four-day weeks due to conferences and Good Friday).

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I’m helping my DC get online school done but I’m not sweating it. DS2 is having trouble with a math assignment. Every time he misses a problem it gives him more problems which drives him crazy then he makes mistakes. I gave him a 10 minute limit and then told him he was done with that assignment. I’m not having a child cry over a math assignment. We do what we can and move on!

We are one of those normally over-scheduled families where we rarely get to eat dinner together. Now that we are all home, we eat dinner together as a family almost every night. We are taking walks and watching a few movies a week as a family. We play ping pong or basketball in the driveway, sit outside by the fire pit and play cornhole.

I'm pretty done by the end of the day. Trying to oversee 3 kids schooling at home without a break from their various needs is wearing on me right now. I am also a (part time) front line health care worker so trying to juggle my stress there and keep kids directed during the day leaves me spent. I know the teachers and schools are trying to move in-person learning to an online platform but it's been tedious - lots of different sites to log in and figure out. I miss the days of packets!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am making my girls each plan and make dinner once a week (they are 11 and 13), I help as needed. After dinner the girls and I have been doing either zumba or yoga together. Some nights we play games, watch a movie, or read a book together (we are currently reading A Tale of Magic by Chris Colfer). Other nights the girls just play together, or we do face time calls with family. During the school year we are often too busy to do these things during the week, so we've been enjoying more down time together!

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH and I feel this a lot. DS1 is a 6th grader and we're so blessed that he is independent but DS 2 in first grade needs a lot of help logging in and keeping track of things in his schedule. DH and I are both having meetings all day long and it's just hard without child care.

The one thing we're doing is meal times together and I'm grateful for that. We get to check in on each other's morning briefly. Ordinarily I work at my desk during lunch and having even 10 minutes with the kids and sometimes DH now at lunch time feels like a treat. DH is a great cook and he's been cooking dinner more. The kids like to help him cook. I feel so lucky that we have fresh homemade dinner several times a week.
    Last edited by daisyd; 04-03-2020 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast