Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Honestly, I am grateful for DS's amazing teacher. He's always been a middle-of-the-pack student, and I think he gets lost in the shuffle sometimes. But his teacher has made a huge effort to match lessons to the child right now, and he is getting better at the things he was weak in, and holding steady on the things he'd been doing well on.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

as one who normally works outside the home, i have waaaay more time with my kids now.
    my kids are much more relaxed and well-rested.
    i am so grateful i have kids close in age (1 year apart). my life was a living hell 8 years ago, with a baby and toddler, now it's paying off. my kids play so well together.
    having lunch AND dinner every day as a family!
    making homecooked dinner most nights.
    family movie nights 4-5 times a week.
    baking bread, cookies, muffins from scratch.
    my husband is losing weight. i guess it's the not eating out? he used to eat lunch out a lot on campus. and having more time to make healthy meals vs. relying on convenience foods/frozen items
    still being able to work full-time at home (admit not as productive since i am often interrupted to check on kids doing schoolwork)

when this is all over i am going to look into working one day a week from home. i suspect lots of people are going to do this too!! i feel like with this situation, more employers are realizing working from home is not as horrible as many assume and can help their employees.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-04-2020 at 08:33 AM.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

we moved to San Diego area so while there is a WHOLE LOT of chaos trying to get things done we are able to be together in our new place and unpack and get things organized as we are all in our new home

my mom is with my sister and not me which is a huge load off my shoulders. She is difficult and I've been living with her in my house for 14 years so it is really nice to know she is safe and also not living with me

We are saving money by being home and eating at home
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    we moved to San Diego area so while there is a WHOLE LOT of chaos trying to get things done we are able to be together in our new place and unpack and get things organized as we are all in our new home

my mom is with my sister and not me which is a huge load off my shoulders. She is difficult and I've been living with her in my house for 14 years so it is really nice to know she is safe and also not living with me

I’m glad you made the move. Being in your new house with great weather seemed like a good choice. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’m glad you made the move. Being in your new house with great weather seemed like a good choice. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Besides our health, the biggest one is I'm glad that we let DS (10) start playing Fortnite a couple of years ago. To me, it's been a lifesaver for an only child. He's still able to talk with his online friends, his classmates and, as of last week, lots of his AAU basketball teammates.

Also -- for the first time ever -- I'm glad that he doesn't have any friends in our immediate neighborhood. I don't have to answer questions about why he can't go to John's house, or why John and Paul get to play together and he can't join in, etc. I have a couple of friends who are dealing with that.

He misses basketball, but he still seems happy as can be on his PS4. I'm grateful for that. DH and I thought we would have single-child guilt when this all started, but it hasn't been an issue at all.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Time together has been a huge silver lining. We are watching movies, walking dogs, and finding activities to do with eachother. As of now, we are employed.

And my current favorite silver lining is that DD's reading is improving during this time! She goes to a Montessori school that has taught her some amazing things, but reading is not one of them. She has worked with a tutor for almost 2 years, who is directing most of her at home work via facetime. Being at home, we are doing more reading since she does very little in school and her fluency and comprehension are both improving. This is a huge accomplishment for her.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm glad you made it to San Diego. It will always be my first home. Enjoy!

Did you end up in a place with a pool?

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I'm glad you made it to San Diego. It will always be my first home. Enjoy!

Did you end up in a place with a pool?

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Thank you! We ended up in a new build and are building a new pool (!!)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Glad to hear you arrived! It’s great timing for you. You can spend time get settled while you’re sheltering in place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast