Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Glad to hear you arrived! It’s great timing for you. You can spend time get settled while you’re sheltering in place.
    thanks -- it is good timing for that and I am happy we made this decision.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m so happy at the lack of stress around school and homework and dragging the kids out of bed early AM that I would choose a distance learning plan if I had the option or homeschooling plan if I had the time. Not to have school drama and business is heaven sent. And it doesn’t look like they’re suffering for social interaction, apparently the new thing is to have friends on FaceTime and do homework/virtually spend the day together?
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Mine seems so unkind, so this is the only place I can “say” this out loud in my life...

DH’s mother “popped in” for an unexpected visit. To the Seattle area, from Texas, unannounced. Makes me crazy when she does this, and she has gotten difficult and critical as she ages. Texas is the right distance away from my kids in my opinion. We saw her for one dinner her 2nd day here- she let us know she was here for FIVE FREAKING WEEKS. I nearly lost it at the restaurant.

She left the next day to visit other family north of us...right in the epicenter of when Covid blew up here. Had a maybe exposure, and had to quarantine at SIL’s for 14 days. By the end of which we were on stay at home orders, so no more visits.

She actually got a flight yesterday and flew back to Texas. Total time spent with her? Two hours!

So much other suckage in our house right now. But weeks of tears and heartache due to MIL were not part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatchermom View Post
    Mine seems so unkind, so this is the only place I can “say” this out loud in my life...

DH’s mother “popped in” for an unexpected visit. To the Seattle area, from Texas, unannounced. Makes me crazy when she does this, and she has gotten difficult and critical as she ages. Texas is the right distance away from my kids in my opinion. We saw her for one dinner her 2nd day here- she let us know she was here for FIVE FREAKING WEEKS. I nearly lost it at the restaurant.

She left the next day to visit other family north of us...right in the epicenter of when Covid blew up here. Had a maybe exposure, and had to quarantine at SIL’s for 14 days. By the end of which we were on stay at home orders, so no more visits.

She actually got a flight yesterday and flew back to Texas. Total time spent with her? Two hours!

So much other suckage in our house right now. But weeks of tears and heartache due to MIL were not part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    OMG, you win!! you got super lucky, so happy that you dodged that bullet!

seriously, i can't imagine dealing with an unexepcted guest in your house for FIVE WEEKS!!! your MIL sounds like a peach.

it is not unkind at all BTW..that is just so unreasonable to just show up unexpectedly at someone's house like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3