So it looks like some employers are offering this, effective April 1. In summary, for those whose kids schools are closed, I think it means 2 weeks of paid sick leave, and then up to 10 weeks of emergency family leave, where you are paid 2/3 of your income, up to $200/day.

As a single mom with two kids doing online schooling, I really want to utilize this. It's been a beast having to go into office 2 days per week and then teleworking the remainder of the time (with lots of work product due so my boss knows I'm *really* working). However, I am concerned about the finances, of course...who isn't. I think I can use my accrued leave to supplement the $200/day (to reach my typical salary) but I don't have that much leave, and I know I will need to use leave during the summer months.

I'm thinking to just go for it, without supplementing with my leave credits, but am afraid I don't realize how tight I will be, financially. I've spent so much $$ on food this week (my first trip to grocery store in 2 weeks), plus random amazon/panic purchases (like almost $100 on baclavas since we have no masks and I wanted something as an option!)

I assume out of the $4000 (for four work weeks), they will still take out all my typical deductions (for medical, union, flex elect, etc) as well as taxes? It won't be enough (rent alone is $2500), unless I eat up all my savings...but I guess these times are unprecedented, and I feel like my kids deserve some of my time during this. How many others are considering this? What are your considerations as to whether to participate or not?