Default Free ways to limit book access on kindle app?

I would like to load some books on the kindle app on my 6 year old’s iPad without giving him access to everything in my kindle account. Is there any way to do this without paying extra (beyond the cost of the books)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think you need to use Kindle FreeTime. I'm not sure how that works with the Kindle app but on my DS2's Kindle I had to set up FreeTime so that he could only have access to his own books. Before that, every single book tied to my Amazon account, which are mostly DS1's books, were on his homepage.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i wasn't willing to pay to separate, so i just made a folder for dd's books. so my books are still there on her device, but her books are easy to find and all together in one place. I think the folders are called "collections."
    ETA: on my computer, when i go to the "manage my content and devices" tab, you can choose which device you want to deliver the book. I want this book to go to kindle 1, this book to kindle 2, these books to both kindles.
    Last edited by fauve01; 04-05-2020 at 12:46 PM.

I may end up just upgrading my kindle and handing down my old one, since this is so easy to do on a regular kindle... I am sure it is irrational but it really annoys me that it can’t work the same way on the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17