Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Pixar's "Onward" on Disney+

Watched this last night with the family. Such a great movie! Tear jerker for sure. My kids (9 and 10) loved it. Highly recommend. Grateful to Disney for releasing it for those to watch at home.

I had been really looking forward to Mulan but apparently they're delaying the release until July, i guess when theaters open? Can't wait for that one.

The plus side of this quarantine situation is that we have been watching movies together as a family nearly every night. We have watched both versions of "Parent Trap" - kids loved those.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for sharing, we will watch it tonight!
    We watched Cosmos again and the kids watched project MC square.
    Would love some more recommendations for movies and tv shows to watch with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We watched it last night too. We really enjoyed it.

Mulan is a solid no for me. No music, no mishu, and rated PG 13. I’m getting tired of them remaking all of their classics into live action. The only one I enjoyed was Beaty & the Beast.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Pixar's "Onward" on Disney+

We watched Onward last night as well. Dh and Dd2 has seen it in the theater when it came out and loved it. Dd1 and I didn’t think it was as sad as everyone (Dd2 and Dd1’s friends said it was really sad......to me Up is a really sad Pixar movie) said it was. It took quite a while for me to get into it, but the last 2/3rds of the movie were better than the first 1/3rd.

Dd1 will want to see Mulan for sure so I am sure we will go see it. We are bummed there is no Mishu, but trying to keep an open mind about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-04-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow. This was just in the theater, I think. I looked at the current theater movies that you can rent for $20 last weekend and I think this was one of the choices. Bravo to Disney for putting this on there.

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Wow. This was just in the theater, I think. I looked at the current theater movies that you can rent for $20 last weekend and I think this was one of the choices. Bravo to Disney for putting this on there.
    We had planned to see it in the theater, but we didn't go the first weekend it opened, and our state shut down movie theaters before the second weekend it was out. My boys were so bummed. I'm glad that Disney released it for home rent, and then after doing that for 2 weeks, they put it on Disney +. They also released Frozen 2 to Disney + the first day of the stay at home orders went into effect instead of June like originally planned.

Universal is releasing the new Trolls movie on home rent next Friday. Even paying $20 to rent is cheaper than taking my kids to the movie theater, so we will rent that next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    We had planned to see it in the theater, but we didn't go the first weekend it opened, and our state shut down movie theaters before the second weekend it was out. My boys were so bummed. I'm glad that Disney released it for home rent, and then after doing that for 2 weeks, they put it on Disney +. They also released Frozen 2 to Disney + the first day of the stay at home orders went into effect instead of June like originally planned.

Universal is releasing the new Trolls movie on home rent next Friday. Even paying $20 to rent is cheaper than taking my kids to the movie theater, so we will rent that next Friday.
    I think it's actually buying it digitally, not renting. I can't say for sure for Trolls but I know we bought Onward for $20 through Amazon Prime. (We don't have/need Disney+ at this point)
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    I think it's actually buying it digitally, not renting. I can't say for sure for Trolls but I know we bought Onward for $20 through Amazon Prime. (We don't have/need Disney+ at this point)
    Trolls is renting or at least that is what the press release said. It is for 48 hours. I think Onward could be purchased, but since we have Disney + we waited the two extra weeks so now have it for free.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the heads up on this! We could rent it through iTunes and watched it last night - awesome family movie!!!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My son said it was good but one of the girls bailed at 3/4 point and the other was not impressed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast