Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    My son said it was good but one of the girls bailed at 3/4 point and the other was not impressed.
    We saw it in theater - I saw the first part and the last part - and slept through the middle.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I really enjoyed Onward. Would have loved to have seen it in the theaters, but we couldn't go the first weekend and by the second weekend, things weren't shut down, but I was too nervous to go. I didn't get as teary as I thought I might based on early descriptions, but I enjoyed all of it. Strong mom, strong kids. It was just fun.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We watched it last night and thought it was cute! Loved the message.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We called it Frozen with brothers but without the singing or cute sidekicks.

for Sandy Hook

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post

Mulan is a solid no for me. No music, no mishu, and rated PG 13. I’m getting tired of them remaking all of their classics into live action. The only one I enjoyed was Beaty & the Beast.
    My DDs are HUGE Mulan fans (can sing the whole soundtrack on demand lol) and they have both said they will not see this one. We all liked Beauty and the Beast.

I'll have to see if I can get them to watch Onward, they both said no which I don't understand - they are huge Tom Holland and Chris Pratt fans!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    My DDs are HUGE Mulan fans (can sing the whole soundtrack on demand lol) and they have both said they will not see this one. We all liked Beauty and the Beast.

I'll have to see if I can get them to watch Onward, they both said no which I don't understand - they are huge Tom Holland and Chris Pratt fans!
    Our kids are big Tom and Chris fans as well (Marvel fans in general) and they didn't want to see it! But after watching the trailer and with the promise that we would do family movie night (which we don't do very often) with popcorn they finally agree to watch it and loved it.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post

Hmm. I wonder if there is some correlation here. I was not a fan of Beauty and the Beast, but was very much looking forward to Mulan, lol!

My kids love Onward. I enjoyed it in the theatre and thought it had some wonderful heart and good humor, but I'm not inclined to watch it over and over again (like my DD!)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Saw this last night. It was good, but glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters! Agree with the post above that it seemed like Frozen for brothers. Way too much build up and the tiresomely sad Disney playbook involving a dead parent.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    Saw this last night. It was good, but glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters! Agree with the post above that it seemed like Frozen for brothers. Way too much build up and the tiresomely sad Disney playbook involving a dead parent.
    And a deadbeat brother....that portrayal bothered me more than the dead dad. Not every kid who has a parent die in their youth becomes a deadbeat. The movie got better towards the end, but yes it doesn’t go down as my favorite Pixar movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    And a deadbeat brother....that portrayal bothered me more than the dead dad. Not every kid who has a parent die in their youth becomes a deadbeat. The movie got better towards the end, but yes it doesn’t go down as my favorite Pixar movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Barley is my kids' favorite character.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast