Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does anyone have a recommendation of a basic, starting gardening book?

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation of a basic, starting gardening book?
    Square Foot Gardening
    K

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I ordered flowers and veggie plants through a fundraiser for a non-profit I'm involved in, that will be here in mid-May. I also went ahead and ordered a few raised bed garden kits online that should arrive next week. We have a lot of trees, so we've picked out a sunny spot and plan to put everything there. My biggest concern is we will have to have a longgggg hose to go out so far into the edge of our property and we have a ton of wildlife. If anyone has recommendations on temporary fencing to keep out deer, bunnies, birds, skunks, groundhogs, squirrels, etc., I'd appreciate it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    If anyone has recommendations on temporary fencing to keep out deer, bunnies, birds, skunks, groundhogs, squirrels, etc., I'd appreciate it.
    You can get turkey wire and stakes for cheap at a home improvement store, it is stiff, does not rust or cut you. Easy to install and tough. We have used it for years and no bears or bunnies. I do dig it about 2 inches into the ground. In my raised beds, I staple it to the wood.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    You can get turkey wire and stakes for cheap at a home improvement store, it is stiff, does not rust or cut you. Easy to install and tough. We have used it for years and no bears or bunnies. I do dig it about 2 inches into the ground. In my raised beds, I staple it to the wood.
    Thank you, that is very helpful! We just finished fixing up our koi pond today (it has been out of order for 2 yrs, usually we are insanely busy this time of year so can't get anything done outdoors, unless it's in the late autumn) and now onto veggie garden prep!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4