gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Best app for pantry maintenance and recipe matching?

I should have paid attention to you all when you were talking about the apps that give recipes to use up your pantry items. Do any of your apps allow you to scan your items and monitor expiration dates as well?

It seems there are a ton of these apps to choose from and so I thought I’d ask what you prefer, for those of you that use them. I think it would be a great project for one of my 12 yo twins who have too much time on their hands.

TIA!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been using Supercook. It's easy to use and decent for a free app but I don't think there are a ton of functions (like nothing for expiration date as far as I can tell, and a limited number of pantry items that can be chosen). The recipes are from kind of random internet sites but I have been using it mostly for ideas rather than using the recipes it suggests. You don't need to login (at least for the Android version) for it to save your pantry but if you want to save recipes you do need to create a login.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've been using SuperCook also.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)