Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DH had luck finding rubbing alcohol at a dollar-type store that’s outside of our normal shopping area.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks so much for the responses!

I don't wipe down surfaces when we have not gone out, but I do go out for groceries (and then unload them here), will be also be going out this week to get devices from my kids' schools for their on-line learning, etc.

I had checked every local store but Walmart yesterday, and found out from a local source that they had rubbing alcohol. I never shop at Walmart, but off I went. I regret it as things were not being done well in terms of social distancing, so I am a little freaked out but nothing I can do about it now.
    Last edited by JustMe; 04-06-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I use Force of Nature. We avoid chemicals with tons of synthetic fragrances and harsh fumes because of our asthma and autoimmune issues. Force of Nature is actually electrolized water and completely safe (even beneficial; often used to help heal wounds) but also kills 99.9% of germs including COVID per the EPA. I LOVE it. I can send you a coupon with my affiliate link if you are interested. It’s so gentle I use on almost everything.
    Ooh, I'd love one if that's still a possibility!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Hydrogen peroxide is also said to kill Covid 19 coronavirus. I have used it for cleaning for years anyway. Some places sell it in a brown trigger spray bottle while is super handy for cleaning. I just buy the cheap bottles from Costco or whatever to refill that.

I use Force of Nature. We avoid chemicals with tons of synthetic fragrances and harsh fumes because of our asthma and autoimmune issues. Force of Nature is actually electrolized water and completely safe (even beneficial; often used to help heal wounds) but also kills 99.9% of germs including COVID per the EPA. I LOVE it. I can send you a coupon with my affiliate link if you are interested. It’s so gentle I use on almost everything.
    I was looking at this the other day. Starter kit is currently 40% off and free ship but on back order. I’ll use your referral link when ordering if I decide to do so. PM me.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    I was looking at this the other day. Starter kit is currently 40% off and free ship but on back order. I’ll use your referral link when ordering if I decide to do so. PM me.
    I'll PM you! My contact says they should ship in 2 weeks, hopefully that is still accurate.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post

ETA: On a local group, people seem to be using something called Everclear, which I guess is used to make alcoholic drinks. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Yes, it's a grain alcohol popular among college kids because it's cheaper than vodka and, because it's got a really high alcohol content, it will get you really drunk really fast. (It's also dangerous to consume, being pretty much raw/unfinished spirits.)

Here's the Wikipedia piece about Everclear; I've zeroed in on the alcohol percentage (it's roughly 190-proof.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Could I also get your link? This looks interesting.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Sent! Let me know if you have any questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast