Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Canceled our early June trip to Scotland. Will reschedule for next year. DH has to put in for vacation months in advance. He was able to get the last week of July off. We may go to Boston. I am planning an itinerary but will wait to make plane and lodging reservations. My kids were going to have jobs this summer. We’ll see
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm mourning our summer plans. My kids had camps including DD1's first sleep away camp. We also go visit my in laws every year in England at the end of the summer. Even that feels unlikely. I am just sad about it all.

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I hadn't booked our trip yet, but was planned for early June. Every year we drive to the Colorado River with my dad and stepmom, and this year we were going to add a whole bunch of other fun places to make it a good long road trip. This woud be our 8th conseutive year going to the river with them. My dad is no spring chicken, so DH and I have an agreement that, every year we're invited, we will go. Because we never know when will be our last trip with them, so I dont want to say no ,and find out that was our last opportunity. My kids have such amazing memories from those trips, its such a nice annual tradition! I don't think it will happen this summer, though,

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have a trip to Kauai in August I'm assuming we'll have to cancel. In truth, I'm expecting zero air travel in 2020 for our family that otherwise travels a lot for fun and work.

for Sandy Hook

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

As of today, I’m thinking no air travel for this year, unless it is critical, because they expect a resurgence in the fall. Since DS is a rising senior, we hadn’t booked any vacations for the summer. We were waiting to see what he would do over the summer, activities wise.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I drive 1000 miles each way to see my dad in Canada, it's my only trip all year and it is so important to me and the kids to see him at age 84, my brother and friends. I really miss "home" and it helps me recharge. We shall wait and see if things are OK for travel at the end of July and if I can afford it given a reduction in income (I can only work at one nursing home now so my hours are half of what they were) .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS has a school trip to Europe in June. We're expecting that will get postponed, hopefully it won't be canceled altogether. We cancelled a spring break family trip to CA. Our next vacation is to Hawaii in August to celebrate a milestone anniversary. Lastly, we booked a quick trip to FL in the fall. We're taking a wait-and-see approach on those trips. We normally don't travel so much, this was a pretty exciting year for us

Good tip about waiting to see if flights will be cancelled or changed by the airline. We are flying AA for our Hawaii trip and right now they not relaxing fees for changes in itineraries.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Our only plans were to hang out with family and friends at the lake or the pool. If we get to do that, I'll be more than happy.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DD1 was going to Munich to live with a host family for 3 weeks (late June-July) and then DD2 and I were going to meet her in Europe (and visit Norway - end of July). I haven't canceled but I need to mentally prepare myself that it's not going to happen anymore.

The first thing I had planned was a may trip to Miami for my friends 50th. We've cancelled the hotels, but I'm waiting on the plane ticket. Hoping for a refund vs credit.

Then, as a family, we are holding plane tickets for:
    Costa Rica over 4th of July week
    MidWest in late July for my grandma's 90th
    Hawaii for October break (rescheduled from Spring break - were supposed to leave this weekend)

I'm rather resigned to Costa Rica not happening.
    But would really like to make it to see my relatives and especially Grandma. She's been stuck in her room at the retirement home this whole time.
    And surely we can go to Hawaii in October ?!?
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast