Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    5,143

    Default What is everyone doing about summer travel plans?

    We had a big vacation scheduled this summer and I really don't see it happening now. Is everyone going ahead and canceling plans now or waiting it out a bit? I also have a trip to Europe scheduled for November (with my mom). I'm not as worried about that one yet...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13


  2. #2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    42,805

    Default

    I never booked anything so when we feel comfortable, Iíll book what we can get. Iím glad I was a slacker this year. I just couldnít decide where to go as ds1 is graduating and I wanted a trip weíd all enjoy. But, i kept waffling.
    Ds1 has a trip to NYC planned mid July. I hope that can work out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    4,840

    Default

    We're in wait and see mode. Our vacation is in July. I'm not super hopeful that we won't be rescheduling.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

  4. #4
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,331

    Default

    DC and I were going to Disney with another mom and her kids at the end of July. We almost booked DVC with points, but didn't at the last minute, thankfully.Thinking I should book rooms now directly so that when things DO open back up, the million rescheduled trips won't drive us off property.

  5. #5
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    We are supposed to go at the very end of July/early August. We have flights (booked with United points) and hotels for part of the trip (booked through Costco so easily cnacelled). I guess we will just wait and see. I am really bummed though...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    We do have our June mini trip booked that Iíll likely cancel, especially if we hear school isnít returning for rest of school year.

    Holding out hope for our shore vacation at a rental and 3 weeks trip to Ireland this August. I just got word DS1 out of state speciality camp for early July is cancelled today. So that sucked but have many summers to make up for this though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    We have a trip to Florida in early June planned. I am still thinking we will go as long as things have slightly improved. We are driving and staying in a condo with a private beach that's always less crowded/touristy anyway as I hate crowded places anyway. Assuming the beach is open, we'll go. We will still probably be cautious but generally all we do is hang out at the beach anyway and pick up meals to go since eating out with 4 young kids SUCKS. None of us are particularly high risk although I'm not purposely trying to catch it either. (I do understand if everything is still closed and beaches are packed we won't go/risk it.)
    Last edited by AngB; 04-05-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    Angie

    Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

  8. #8
    AnnieW625's Avatar
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    32,007

    Default

    Nothing planned as of yet. Hoping for a mid to late July trip to Pennsylvania to visit both DH and my families (DHís family is having a family reunion in the Harrisburg area, and my family lives near Philadelphia), plus we would probably spend some time in the DC as well. If I do anything I might book hotels just in case (I always book refundable rooms and book through the hotel sites)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 13

    DD L, 9
    (Peg Perego Viaggio low back, and a Graco Turbo low back)
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    We have a trip to Scotland scheduled for late June/early July. None of the airlines are allowing for cancellations without penalty for June yet, so we are just waiting for now. We were planning on going to CA to visit my family, but we never purchased those tickets, so we will just wait and see.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

  10. #10
    m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    271

    Default

    We have a two week trip to Grand Tetons/Yellowstone/Glacier booked for early July. I really hope we get to go, but feel like it isn’t really likely. We booked rooms a year or more ago and had just booked flights in February.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •