Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,652

    Default

    We had two European trips in April for our family. In fact, just a few minutes ago, DH looked at me and said "DS2 should be playing soccer in Italy right now. Obviously those trips have been canceled. We were going to NYC in July and I am not feeling super optimistic about that. As of now, we are going with a wait and see approach. Maybe we will do something, maybe not.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

  2. #12
    gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    .
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    I don't know what to do yet!

    We have a big family get-together in June. Most of the families are driving, so it's just the house rentals that we would have to change/cancel/whatever. We're all basically pretending it's still on for now, but it's so hard to know. Then we're supposed to fly to CO to meet the other side of the family in July. I'm more optimistic about that one.
    -Christine

    DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Land of the Tar Heels
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    We are scheduled to go to the beach with my parents the week after July 4. We’re driving, and the hotel has temporarily changed its cancellation policy and you can now cancel just 24 hours before your arrival. So there’s really no reason to cancel now.

    My only hesitation is that we’re going to Virginia Beach, and according to the chart I’ve seen, Virginia is one of the last states scheduled to peak (late May to mid June). But I don’t know what to believe anymore. I feel like I’ve been hearing “the next two weeks are very important!“ for about a month now.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 04-05-2020 at 09:26 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Have a mid-Aug trip to Florida that I hope will be okay. Will have to see but I can easily cancel.


    DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

    ďI have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    9,760

    Default

    We're super procrastinators so rarely plan anything very far in advance and hadn't planned anything for this summer yet. I plan to just wait and see if it would eventually be ok to book something for the very end of summer, like mid August. Although we'd only want a rebook our college tours trip anyways.

    Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

  6. #16
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    We are just waiting until the last possible minute before we cancel. We booked an airbnb for my extended family at Bear Lake, Utah for mid July. It's only a 3 hr drive for us, so no airplane, and we are crossing our fingers that we can still go. I think the end of may is when we would need to cancel the airbnb for a full refund.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

    "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

  7. #17
    gymnbomb is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,178

    Default

    We were meeting family at a beach house for a week over Memorial Day. I havenít cancelled the flights yet, but I know we wonít be going. I am hoping we will be able to see our families (all are a 2+ day drive away, so we usually fly) before the end of the summer, but we wonít book tickets until we see how things are looking in a few months.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York, USA.
    Posts
    6,385

    Default

    Italy in August. Doubt it will happen. But would really like to support Italy with tourist dollars if it does. We are waiting to see at least a few more weeks...
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

    Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

  9. #19
    ang79 is online now Ruby level (4000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,195

    Default

    DH and I are scheduled to fly to a Jamaica with friends June 10. So far we are just waiting. The resort is currently closed and is to send an announcement on April 24 about trips scheduled in May and June, so we are waiting to see what they do. We can reschedule (though probably at a higher rate) for up to a year from our arrival date without losing our deposit. Iím pretty much feeling that June is a no go, but not sure if we should try to reschedule for August or wait til next June.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    MI, USA.
    Posts
    25,705

    Default

    We didn't have a vacation planned for this year, but we would visit family. We go up north for July 4th with my brother and family and my parents. Hopefully we can do that. We all drive and we are pretty much just at their house/beach the entire time. And we visit DH's family in NH later in July usually. I'm less sure about that just because it's a longer distance and with rescheduling things, who knows if it'll fit in.
    Kris

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •