gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Any new products you’ve discovered (and want to rave about) lately?

Whether it’s because of a product replacement at the grocery store, or something old we rediscovered in our spring cleaning or because we are bored and finally decided to try something we had heard about elsewhere, we have been having fun trying/tasting new things. Some are things I’d like to recommend.

First, I’m living this tea shop: rare tea cellars in Chicago. They have a nice online store and have been having frequent sales. This loose rooibus tea is delicious: https://rareteacellar.com/products/g...35fa6207&_ss=r. And you can reboil the loose tea a couple of times so it lasts a long time.

Tea is still new to me and I’m enjoying exploring this new world. I can’t stand Earl Grey tea (or maybe I’ve just had bad brands) but I LOVE Twinnings Lady Grey. I’m thinking I’d dusting off the old tea set and having a proper high tea for the family.

Harry Potter chocolate wands! I just discovered these in our local candy shop. I’m putting them in Easter baskets. They had candy slugs, Bertie Botts every flavored beans, chocolate frogs, and some other stuff. If your local candy store doesn’t carry this and you’re interested, pm me and I’ll send you the link to my local store.

Anything new you want to recommend?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the recommendation on the tea shop! I’ll check it out.

Such a small thing, and so fun: playground ball and sidewalk chalk from Target = four square in the backyard! I added these to a pick up order and have been amazed at how much my older kids are enjoying four square!

Dowdle Puzzles-a neighbor gave us one and it’s good quality and charming artwork. The company just ran a sale this past weekend and we ordered more. Not sure how often they run sales.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Dowdle Puzzles-a neighbor gave us one and it’s good quality and charming artwork. The company just ran a sale this past weekend and we ordered more. Not sure how often they run sales.
    Are they still in stock on their website? I bought 3 off Amazon right as the lockdown started and now they are all sold out and/or double the price! I bought ones that were of cities we have visited. I like them fine, but they are definitely not as high quality as Ravensburger puzzles, which were sold out even earlier.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Dowdle puzzles are my personal favorite. They have them at Costco for $10 at the holidays. I stock up.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is not a new discovery for us, but OP, I thought I'd share my tea source: New Mexico Tea Co. nmteaco.com Their prices are the best I've found for organic tea (important because you are using the sprayed part of the plant). They ship fast and let you pick one free sample. For my daily chai tea, I need organic CTC assam--this is hard to find, and at their price, it's a win-win. I mostly don't trust the ones I get at the Indian store.

We just signed up for Disney+. Since we already pay for cable, no-ads Hulu, Amazon, and Netflix, I had said no to Disney+. But with the quality movies and programming available and so much free time at home, it's worth it for us. It practically pays for itself by watching just one movie that I'd rent anyway. I can't wait to watch Onward tonight!