Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Check in with your church, senior citizens center, Next Door app—people are volunteering to get groceries and other supplies for seniors
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We only have 10 active cases in our town (there were 25 but just read that 15 are out of quarantine recovered) so the hospitals aren’t crazy overloaded yet. But my friend who is a doctor emailed me and told me to prayer for her since she was being sent to a respiratory clinic where COVID19 patients will be sent. She has 5 small kids at home so I created craft packets for her 4th grader (rags to make rag rugs, a kit to make a corn doll, and other kit to make Native American bead rings. Hope they keep her busy and are not too complicated for her). I also thought of some of the links I’ve seen posted here and offered to do anything my friend needed- arrange childcare if needed at the last minute, grocery shop, clean her house, do laundry, and whatever. My kids are ages 12-16 so I have a driver and emergency childcare if needed. Our hospitals are obviously preparing to be hit because I got calls today postponing all 4 well-child appointments until June. I guess our town is lucky because we have time to prepare whereas so many hospitals struggling now didn’t have much time at all. COVID19 is making everything so complicated.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 04-06-2020 at 06:53 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I am a nurse that works at a hospital and we are getting food. But honestly, we are so busy I don’t have time to eat it. What would make my life easier is if someone could shop or bring food to MY family. I went off today because I can’t be hovering over my phone or computer to get a delivery slot for groceries. My DH is straight out at his job in a local government. I got one slot this am, took time to pick groceries, but then took to long and lost the slot then they were all gone for the week. I’m taking care of other people’s families and I can’t even get food for mine!
    I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get a slot. I would stalk your grocery site for a slot for you!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but just remember that by just staying home and not getting together with other people, you are probably doing the biggest and best thing you can possibly do. And that by just doing that, you ARE helping the fight.
    Yes, we are basically doing nothing besides keeping our butts at home except for getting groceries every 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2