Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Huh you know it could be food. He used to be on a grain free allergen free food but our vet had us switch about a year ago when reports came out about cardiac issues related to grain free diet. We switch to purina sensitive skin. I do thin maybe the dog smell increased after that switch. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My dog sometimes has a longish coat (depending on whether he has recently been groomed) and likes to swim, so, yeah, he can definitely smell like a dog. I bought this and it is nice to have something to spray to clear out the smell a little.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Just canned sweet potato? Or do you have to cook them? We've decided to start grooming our dog on our own since we can't go to the groomer anyway, and our dog needs something for this issue. I tried pumpkin at the suggestion of the vet, but it didn't work.
    Sorry I missed this! Fresh sweet potato but they are super easy to prep. Just wash, wrap in a wet paper towel (no need to pierce or anything), and microwave 4-5 min depending on size. Let rest until cool enough to handle, and scoop out the flesh into a container to keep in the fridge. Add some straight from the fridge to each meal - we experimented a bit to figure out the amount but for our dog, a half tablespoon in each meal works perfectly (she's 40 pounds). We don't give the skins - for some reason they make our very-prone-to-vomiting dog vomit. Pumpkin (canned) totally didn't work for us and didn't agree with her stomach either.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-10-2020 at 07:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2