Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our school is now using Zoom with passcodes and waiting rooms. It’s working fine! One alternative is Google Hangouts, but that does require participants to have a gmail acct.
    K

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I refuse to use zoom or other platform at work in a 1:1 setting. There’s too many safety issues. We were told to trial some sessions. A colleague had a middle schooler in bed without a shirt on. A teacher has parent zooming with Kindergartener only in his underwear. Always make sure you have a group and not be alone with one child

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Our scouts has had some meetings, but they require 2-deep leadership which is two adults present in any meeting with kids.
    K

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DD had her first today with a teacher. It made her put a birthday in, but wouldn't accept it until we made her older than 18. I let her do it for today, but it doesn't thrill me.
    Kris

There are new default settings since the update and it has more steps to use to attempt to defeat hackers. Waiting room every time, code, etc. it is not as easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    DD had her first today with a teacher. It made her put a birthday in, but wouldn't accept it until we made her older than 18. I let her do it for today, but it doesn't thrill me.
    The Zoom is under my account but kids can change the screen name for the call. I don’t have them using any of my kids info.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    The Zoom is under my account but kids can change the screen name for the call. I don’t have them using any of my kids info.
    Mine, too - Zoom account is my troop email and I went through & changed names to take attendance once we started our meeting.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post

When DS2 did it last week, he didn't need an account. So, I need to make one that they can all use? Can more than 1 kid log in at a time?
    Kris

When DS2 did it last week, he didn't need an account. So, I need to make one that they can all use? Can more than 1 kid log in at a time?
    I am pretty sure I've had more than one kid on Zoom at a time and I'm the only one with an account. We change the name on the join screen for each kid.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmm...my daughter joined in through the app on her phone (I think all the girls were using phones or tablets last week). She only had to put in the password I think to join the session. I didn't have her set up an account. I had to set up an account on my chromebook to host a session, but I don't think it asked for much info.

I was thinking that maybe we could do some of the work on our journey, but if not everyone is going to join in, its not really worth it, because then the other girls would all be behind. So maybe I will just do a weekly or every other week meeting with a fun activity. I've seen some people playing games, some doing scavenger hunts (posting a list of things to find around the house, the girls run to get it and come back to show what they found, etc.), and also an activity about doing a time capsul for Covid-19, as this is something that will go in the history books and is such a different experience for us all. I will get on Zoom tomorrow to try to play around more with the settings and using different tools (I couldn't figure out how to use the whiteboard to draw on the screen last week).

For anyone wanting to do the Harry Potter escape room, its a google doc at the link below. It was put out by a PA librarian for kids to do while stuck at home during this time. My fifth grade daughter did it with a friend via Facetime. She said it wasn't too hard and pretty short, but fun. I took a look at the first few clues, it is just solving puzzles and typing in your answers.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...RIepN-Kj4UTAYk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Both of my boys were on zoom at the same time with their teachers. They both were logged into my account to do so, so that worked. However, my internet did not like both of them on at the same time, and one of them kept freezing up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast