Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    And because she was never tested, they had her work as soon as her fever was below some magic number. She was off for 3 days. No 14 day wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Lots of healthcare workers are working sick and they always have. They won't let us in the door with a fever over 100. The official word is that if you have xyz symptoms, you are supposed to stay home until symptom free for 24 hours. We can all get tested easily. But who knows if I have a sore throat because of allergies or corona or what?? DH has worked when he was LOTS sicker than feeling like he might have mild Corona symptoms. Like being hooked up to an IV while he sees patients. You can't call off in the ER--there are no docs on call to back you up. He has missed 2 days of work in 30 plus years. Right now, he is encased in PPE so he isn't passing it along if he does have it.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Lots of healthcare workers are working sick and they always have. They won't let us in the door with a fever over 100. The official word is that if you have xyz symptoms, you are supposed to stay home until symptom free for 24 hours. We can all get tested easily. But who knows if I have a sore throat because of allergies or corona or what?? DH has worked when he was LOTS sicker than feeling like he might have mild Corona symptoms. Like being hooked up to an IV while he sees patients. You can't call off in the ER--there are no docs on call to back you up. He has missed 2 days of work in 30 plus years. Right now, he is encased in PPE so he isn't passing it along if he does have it.
    Fever free for only 24hrs is crazy. Chris Cuomo was told her needed to be fever free for 72hrs to be cleared and he made some 60hrs or something and then it spiked again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Yes to this! My husband (physical) has never missed work because he is sick. About 50% of the time, he’s the only doctor in a clinic (his groups staffs 3 clinics), and the cancer patients wouldn’t be able to receive treatments without a physician present due to federal regulations. The only times he has missed were when (1) I was hospitalized for a week with pneumonia during H1N1 and we had a 3.5 year old and a 4 mo old and no family nearby, and (2) when DS1 (5 at the time) was hospitalized overnight with dehydration from rotavirus, and DS2 was only 1 and DD was puking as well at home. I clearly couldn’t be in two places at once with sick kids. So that is TWO occasions in 14 years at his job. If he’s sick while working, he tried to keep his germs to himself (he’s a germaphobe).

But now they have temp checks for everyone entering the hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39