Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have a shihtzhu Bichon Frise mix who inherited the super tight curly coat from her bichon mom. It’s such a pain to brush and groom. People with smooth coated dogs (or those with fur vs hair) have no idea the grooming struggles with a curly haired dog. We had a lot of problems with groomers not used to super curly dogs who would literally just shave her to the skin no matter how well she was brushed before, or keeping her locked in a tiny kennel for hours before even starting to work on her - poor baby was always super traumatized after we took her so Ive been doing it myself for the last few months while we try to find a new groomer. The clippers I have aren’t great so I need to get a new set now that this is looking long term. She’s only 10lbs but brushing is a major task thanks to the curls. If it’s a more straight coat is less difficult, just use clipper guides to the length you want.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a standard poodle and just groomed her ourselves for the first time. We did a decent job. We used Wahl clippers for her body, legs and face. I also trimmed he pouf and tail Pom Pom with scissors. I used the scissors on the bottom of her paws. I was too afraid to use clippers and cut her pads.

In our state, no grooming legally since not an essential service. There are those that post on FB wanting grooming done and I don’t understand how they are upset when there is criticism since they are clearly breaking the rules for the greater good (and that are working) because they want their own dog groomed. It is frustrating no doubt. Good for those taking it on themselves or making do during this time. Very sad article about Petco or Petsmart groomers in some states not wanting to go to work as they don’t feel they are essential but facing job loss and more if they don’t show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utah does not have a statewide stay at home order, just specific counties and not mine. Our groomer lives next door, but they groomed our Bernedoodle on March 8, so we are good for another couple of weeks.
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3