Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    The Peloton instructors are far better than my CycleBar instructors, in my opinion. I'm dropping CB and my pilates studio in favor of the Peloton. I'll keep my Pure Barre membership because it gives me a completely different workout. Luckily my local PB studio is doing live classes via video so between that and the Peloton, I'm hanging onto some sanity during this quarantine!
    thanks - good to know!! and yeah, my local PB studio is doing livestream classes and i've been doing that 3x a week. i have a 12month contract with it that ends in Nov.

i just measured my 10yo DS, and he is just under 4"10. The Peloton website says users should be at least 4"11"..but i'm guessing it will still be okay?my DS loves , loves biking and i think he would use the scenic routes.

One question i have on the app..i signed up for the 90 day free trial for the Peloton app to try it out- still haven't tried it as i'm waiting on getting a new iPad (our iPads are from 2013, lol)..after that, i thought it was $39 a month for the app? What is the $13 a month? Is that just to use the app, without the bike, after the 90 day free trial? Hmm...maybe the $39/month is for the membership along with the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4358985]thanks - good to know!! and yeah, my local PB studio is doing livestream classes and i've been doing that 3x a week. i have a 12month contract with it that ends in Nov.

i just measured my 10yo DS, and he is just under 4"10. The Peloton website says users should be at least 4"11"..but i'm guessing it will still be okay?my DS loves , loves biking and i think he would use the scenic routes.

One question i have on the app..i signed up for the 90 day free trial for the Peloton app to try it out- still haven't tried it as i'm waiting on getting a new iPad (our iPads are from 2013, lol)..after that, i thought it was $39 a month for the app? What is the $13 a month? Is that just to use the app, without the bike, after the 90 day free trial? Hmm...maybe the $39/month is for the membership along with the bike?
    Yes - it costs $39/month just for the app if you own the bike, and $13/month if you use another brand’s bike! Seems counterintuitive, and one of the reasons I went with the Peloton hack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alootikki View Post
    I was a Cyclebar member for over two years, and did a lot of research on home spin bikes. Loved my Peloton trial class at the Peloton store, but was afraid of the commitment (and higher monthly app cost) since I’ve never had gym equipment at home before - I always needed the accountability of an in-person gym class!

I ended up getting the Schwinn IC4 (also sold as the Bowflex C6) about 5 weeks ago. It has a digital monitor, and allows you to stream the Peloton app from your phone or iPad. So it’s basically a peloton but without the screen. You don’t show up on the leaderboard, but that was not a big issue for me.

I really like it, but need to order spin shoes that work with the petals – the cages are definitely not as good as the spin bikes I’m used to at cyclebar.

I paid just under $700 (with ebates and a coupon from Dick’s), and the app is $13/month. Can’t beat the price! And there is a Facebook group for owners of this bike that has been really helpful in getting started…

Oooh, alootikki, now you have me totally considering this again! I was turned off by the reported build quality of the Sunny bikes, but the reviews of the Schwinn suggest it's better made. Are the metrics from the Schwinn able to integrate into the app? Not a deal breaker, but I suppose it could be nice. I also don't care about the leaderboard, and I know it is ridiculous but that extra $26/month for the same app really bothers me even more than the initial price of the bike.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also have the bike and the tread. I love the tread as I was more of a runner before getting these. However, I am really loving the bike too! It's so much easier on my knees. And I have been loving the yoga classes on the app.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was a Cyclebar member for over two years, and did a lot of research on home spin bikes. Loved my Peloton trial class at the Peloton store, but was afraid of the commitment (and higher monthly app cost) since I’ve never had gym equipment at home before - I always needed the accountability of an in-person gym class!

I ended up getting the Schwinn IC4 (also sold as the Bowflex C6) about 5 weeks ago. It has a digital monitor, and allows you to stream the Peloton app from your phone or iPad. So it’s basically a peloton but without the screen. You don’t show up on the leaderboard, but that was not a big issue for me.

I really like it, but need to order spin shoes that work with the petals – the cages are definitely not as good as the spin bikes I’m used to at cyclebar.

I paid just under $700 (with ebates and a coupon from Dick’s), and the app is $13/month. Can’t beat the price! And there is a Facebook group for owners of this bike that has been really helpful in getting started…

Thanks for posting this! I will look into the Schwinn. I like that it uses the SPD cleats, which is what I already have.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for posting this! I don't care about the leaderboard functions and only care about the live/recorded classes and rides. So this sounds like a nice alternative. I looked up the Schwinn IC4 and the Bowflex C6--they are indeed identical in make except for branding, with the same parent company. Wirecutter recommends the Bowflex C6 as a more economical alternative to the Peloton in their Peloton review. On the downside, the Schwinn IC4 is backordered with a 60 plus business day delivery estimate. The Bowflex C6 has a “within 30 business day delivery” timeframe, but costs $150 more (though it currently includes an equipment mat valued at $99). Can I ask a few questions?

--How sturdy and durable does it feel? Does it feel wobbly at all, or does it feel well made and solid?
    --Was assembly difficult? Would it be worth it to pay for the add-on assembly cost (which would be done in the garage or at front door, not in the house)?
    --Does an iPad fit securely on the machine without fear of falling off?
    —Some reviews say that the water bottle holders gets in the way when standing. Do you find this to be true?

Thanks you!
    Last edited by MMMommy; 04-11-2020 at 02:22 AM.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

-How sturdy and durable does it feel? Does it feel wobbly at all, or does it feel well made and solid?

It feels pretty sturdy! Definitely well made and strong.

--Was assembly difficult? Would it be worth it to pay for the add-on assembly cost (which would be done in the garage or at front door, not in the house)?

I wouldn't pay for assembly for two reasons: 1) DH assembled it himself (and he's not handy!) and said it was straightforward. 2) The bike is HEAVY! If you pay for assembly outside, it may be difficult to carry the bike inside to its intended destination. DH carried the bike parts down to the basement and assembled it there.

I would think so. I use the app on my iPhone, and that fits without falling off - so an iPad should be even more secure.

—Some reviews say that the water bottle holders gets in the way when standing. Do you find this to be true?

I think those are hand weight holders - I haven't put the hand weights in them, and my water bottle is on a table off to the side - so it hasn't been an issue!

There is a great FB group that has been very helpful called "Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C6 Riders" - reading the discussions on there helped me decide to buy the bike.

basil just saw on the FB group that Bowflex is offering healthcare workers a 30% discount!!! (I think you are a physician?) That's a great deal!
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

-How sturdy and durable does it feel? Does it feel wobbly at all, or does it feel well made and solid?

It feels pretty sturdy! Definitely well made and strong.

I wouldn't pay for assembly for two reasons: 1) DH assembled it himself (and he's not handy!) and said it was straightforward. 2) The bike is HEAVY! If you pay for assembly outside, it may be difficult to carry the bike inside to its intended destination. DH carried the bike parts down to the basement and assembled it there.

I would think so. I use the app on my iPhone, and that fits without falling off - so an iPad should be even more secure.

I think those are hand weight holders - I haven't put the hand weights in them, and my water bottle is on a table off to the side - so it hasn't been an issue!

There is a great FB group that has been very helpful called "Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C6 Riders" - reading the discussions on there helped me decide to buy the bike.

basil just saw on the FB group that Bowflex is offering healthcare workers a 30% discount!!! (I think you are a physician?) That's a great deal!
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Alootikki, can you post the discount code or a link? I don’t see the 30% anywhere
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

I saw it in the FB group - sounds like you have to call Bowflex customer service and order over the phone.

DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast