Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I have the Bowflex bike and I use it 4-5 times a week. I also have a treadmill that I use the Peloton app on. I have never ridden a real Peloton, so not sure how it compares, but I don't have any complaints. There is an app (kinetic) that links to the Bowflex bike and gives you more metrics than the bike's computer. It helps me be able to follow the instructor cues on the "power zone" rides. You can also connect it directly to the Peloton app on the iPad. I really like the power zone rides so I mostly do those though.

It looks like the Schwinn IC3 doesn't have bluetooth to connect to the apps, and has felt resistance instead of magnetic.

thanks, so no bluetooth means it cannot connect to peloton app..is that correct? also which treadmill you have that you use a peloton app on? We have a Sole F85 treadmill, do you think I can use the peloton app with it?

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had canceled my Bowflex C6 order in April when the IC4 became available at Dicks. The Schwinn IC4 didn’t work out for me, sadly. I had several issues with mine- faulty resistance, the handlebar post kept sliding down, the USB port never charged anything, and poor quality pedals. The pedals and crank arm are known to be problematic with the Schwinn IC4/Bowflex C6, but often times due to erroneous owner assembly. I think I just got a dud. There are many happy Schwinn IC4/Bowflex C6 owners. Returned mine and bought a Keiser M3i, which is a solid, high quality, durable bike. The Keiser is what I rode regularly in my local gym’s spin classes, so I knew it was a great bike. It’s one of the only indoor spin bikes made in the USA. I spin with the Keiser M3i to the $12.99/month Peloton app and love it. It’s not cheap and almost as much as the Peloton when purchased brand new, but great if you want a high quality bike and want to just use the Peloton app. No regrets with my Keiser bike. Keisers last a long time, even with high mileage, so many will often buy it used when they can find one. The actual Peloton is a good option if you want the full benefit of the Peloton platform—the leaderboard, the social riding aspects, etc. With the Peloton bike, the monthly fee is $39.99/month.
    Last edited by MMMommy; 08-31-2020 at 01:21 AM.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just got the Bowflex and it seems awesome. Unfortunately I just also got a knee injury that will take 2 surgeries and many many months of recovery, so I can't even try it! But DH has used it a couple times and loves it. We got the Peloton app, which will only be $14/month once the free period ends (no idea why it is so much cheaper for non-peloton owners!). But he has been watching YouTube TV taped stuff so far and still sweating his butt off.

I like that you can either do a peloton workout or just watch your own show. And the cost was like $900, so much cheaper. Once I can get back to doing anything (argh!!!!!), I know I'll use it. Seems super sturdy and didn't take too long for him to put it together.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My Peloton arrived early in August and I love it. I had been using the Peloton app with an old, used spin bike, so it’s been a great upgrade. I purchased a refurb, through Peloton, and it’s like new but it only cost ~$1500. (LOL “only” but better than new.)

I don’t like to exercise. I used to be a reluctant runner, but my hips just don’t like running. I’m thrilled with the Peloton b/c it doesn’t bother my hips, I don’t have to leave home, and I get to listen to great music while I work out. It’s like therapy for me. So, so glad I took the plunge.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

duplicate post
    Last edited by LBW; 09-02-2020 at 08:29 AM.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    thanks, so no bluetooth means it cannot connect to peloton app..is that correct? also which treadmill you have that you use a peloton app on? We have a Sole F85 treadmill, do you think I can use the peloton app with it?
    Yes, the lack of bluetooth means it wouldn't connect to the app. I think the larger problem would be that the IC3 has felt resistance so there is no real resistance number to go by. With the Bowflex there are conversion charts (ex: 10=25) so when the instructor calls out "go to 25 resistance" you know where to set it. You can also display the cadence on the app screen which is nice. I usually end up screen sharing with the kinetic app so I don't actually hook it up to the Peloton app though. But it's a nice feature for sure.

I have a Lifespan treadmill, but any will do. The instructor just cues by speed and incline, which you can adjust any treadmill to. The Peloton one is nice because it has some sort of knobs to control the incline and resistance instead of mashing buttons, but not really super necessary. You can download the app and try it out on your Sole treadmill!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I'm ready to buy a Bowflex bike unless there are better options. I'd like o stay around the $1000 price point if possible. I usually work out while the kids are at swim practice all winter, but that's not going to happen this year. I'm staying out of the gym! Does anyone know if they ever do a black friday sale?

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I think I'm ready to buy a Bowflex bike unless there are better options. I'd like o stay around the $1000 price point if possible. I usually work out while the kids are at swim practice all winter, but that's not going to happen this year. I'm staying out of the gym! Does anyone know if they ever do a black friday sale?
    There were some phenomenal bike sales recently......check slickdeals

For those seeking a great value, the Echelon Connect Sport is a very popular and well priced spin bike for $497. It’s thought of as Echelon’s best kept secret model available only at Walmart that is beloved by many at a bargain price. I’m a member of a few Peloton app rider groups on Facebook, and this model is highly recommended for the price. Users get the stats (resistance level, watts, cadence, etc) using the free rider component within the Echelon app. It’s been in demand and sold out so many times over the last 8 months or so. It’s currently back in stock.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Echelon-C...Bike/533034706
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

For those seeking a great value, the Echelon Connect Sport is a very popular and well priced spin bike for $497. It’s thought of as Echelon’s best kept secret model available only at Walmart that is beloved by many at a bargain price. I’m a member of a few Peloton app rider groups on Facebook, and this model is highly recommended for the price. Users get the stats (resistance level, watts, cadence, etc) using the free rider component within the Echelon app. It’s been in demand and sold out so many times over the last 8 months or so. It’s currently back in stock. Fyi, if you want to clip in (not use cage pedals), you would need to buy spd pedals and swap them.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Echelon-C...Bike/533034706
    Last edited by MMMommy; 10-22-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5