doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Nextdoor whining

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm so sick of people on Nextdoor whining. And the holier than thou responses.

Examples:

What are these people thinking letting their children have playdates in front of my house?? ..... I've been inside my house since March 12! Why cant they stay inside?

I'm thinking of washing the gloves I use at the store to save them for people who really need them. .... NO dont do that, they break down .... I have a PHD in blah blah blah Well I have been an ICU nurse for 30 years Well.....

Dont throw your gloves on the ground/parking lot/cart - its dirty/disgusting/dangerous. Well the city/business should provide more trash cans.

Be careful opening your mailbox - I saw the mailman wiping his nose and opening a mailbox!

Wash your hands after you bring in the trash cans - I saw the collectors using the same gloves to grab the bags as they touch the outside of the can

Seriously. I dont know what is worse. The busybodies and the ones arguing. Or the people who are pointing out the obvious. I mean really. If you havent learned that you should wash your hands after touching your trash can, there's really no hope. No post or argument on Nextdoor is going to change that kwim?

Sorry Rant over.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am glad that I had the good sense not to join Nextdoor 🤣 I figure I like my neighbors to a friendly wave degree...I don’t really need to know their nuts. My main reason for staying away is our school district is a merged one and my neighborhood is one of the wealthy ones. The racism is not very subtle when discussing the school district- that none of them deign to send their kids too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Regardless of what the trash collector touches, why would you not wash your hands after handling your garbage cans? I am not a germaphobe but that is just common cleanliness even if it's not a pandemic. Blech.

I hate the humble braggers who pretend confusion: "Am I the only one who..." Yes, you are, because you're the awesomest mom ever so here's your "I won the quarantine" medal.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Ugh, just let people be.

One of our busybody neighbors who drives me crazy in the best of times, did a ranting post to our neighborhood page about following guidelines. Then 20 people chime in all supportive. She didn't say anything incorrect in this situation, but seriously has a random rant ever changed someone's mind? Then I'm annoyed by the people supporting her random rants because she'll just continue and I'm 50/50 on agreeing with their content most of the time.