Thread: Easter/DH whine

Default Easter/DH whine

Asked DH to pickup candy to hide in eggs as he had to go into WF. Well he picked up bars 🙄 He thought for basket when I plainly specified eggs. Normally this would be a minor inconvenience but now it's a very big pain to find time and hope no line. Target doesn't offer Drive Up for things like this. Ugh.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh no! Are you sure you can’t do Target pickup? That’s how I purchased the candy for my kids’ baskets and eggs. I can’t do pickup for other food items, but was able to do it for Easter candy.

I’m sorry. My DH is also incompetent when it comes to thinks like shopping. Do you have the eggs? Maybe you can put other stuff in them like coins or raisins (which I’m sure any kids would love ).

FWIW, I did get plastic eggs and jelly beans at target drive up two days ago. Can amazon/WF deliver it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Target does drive up for some candy- that’s how I got mine. Maybe just use chocolate chips OR most eggs empty and a few with coupon to redeem for a full candy bar. I never fill our eggs. Hunting is the activity and reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry. Its so annoying. It would always annoy me but now its much harder to deal with so I get it.

FWIW, We never put candy in ours - the dogs would find them first and eat them. We normally put coins in them. This year I think I'm going to skip filling the eggs and just give them a dime per egg and call it good.

Or course, that assumes you have a bunch of change lying around....
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I'm sorry. Its so annoying. It would always annoy me but now its much harder to deal with so I get it.

FWIW, We never put candy in ours - the dogs would find them first and eat them. We normally put coins in them. This year I think I'm going to skip filling the eggs and just give them a dime per egg and call it good.

Or course, that assumes you have a bunch of change lying around....
    I would be annoyed, too. If you really can't get to the store today, this is a good idea. Give them money to pick out the candy they want and then you can take the money and buy the candy later--give them choices of jelly beans, chocolates, lollipops, etc.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can the eggs have a clue to a bar?? Like a scavenger hunt?

I COMPLETELY understand why that would be frustrating! We're really social distancing and I wouldn't want to risk another trip to the store, just for that, but he was there!!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ugh! Yup, that sounds like exactly something my DH would do (and he wonders why I prefer to do the shopping runs....). And same as you, we're really limiting ourselves on shopping -- if we don't get it in our single trip, it's not happening. So I'd be annoyed too!

(I do love the idea about clues to the full sized bars though....my kids would go crazy for that!)
    Lizi