Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry if this is a repeat, but I ordered the Athleta masks and they arrived last week. The colors are nice, dark neutrals. The adult ones are so good I ordered a second set for my husband (which shipped already despite the backorder notice).

Unfortunately the girl-size pack was too small/tight for my small 10-year old, but would work for littler kids, I think, if they like dark colors.

Mommy_Mea is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wonder if the fabric/shape isn't good enough at that point for the purpose of protecting from coronavirus?
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Interestingly, I saw that same 20 washes caution on masks from a number of other places (including Nordstrom’s, I’m pretty sure).

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I wonder if the fabric/shape isn't good enough at that point for the purpose of protecting from coronavirus?
    But the point of wearing cloth masks was never to protect the wearer from coronavirus, it's to keep the wearer's germs/droplets from spewing all over everyone else.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    This is just a guess but I think it's their way of making sure people don't have unrealistic expectations for how it will hold up with washes (fraying, and especially the elastic breaking down).

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    But the point of wearing cloth masks was never to protect the wearer from coronavirus, it's to keep the wearer's germs/droplets from spewing all over everyone else.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    This is true but selfishly, I also want my fabric mask to protect me as best as it can (via good material and good fit). My guess is that many others are similarly selfish

My Hanna Andersson masks arrived yesterday. Good quality, and I was happy with the price. I had thought I was ordering them for my 6 year old son, so I was disappointed when they arrived and we got one purple with white polka dots and one solid fuschia. After washing and drying them, I think they're actually going to fit my 3 year old daughter better (haven't tried them on her, but I held them up to masks that do fit her and guessed they will work). The fabric part of them is smaller than her other masks, but the elastic is longer, so the total ear to ear distance is about the same.

So for anyone else wanting to order them when they become available again -- it's a better gamble if you're ordering for someone who will not mind wearing pink/purple/florals/etc., and I think they're going to be a better fit for the 3-5 range than for the 6-10 range, especially if you put them in the dryer.

Our Old Navy masks also arrived. The kid size of those is fine for my 6 year old, and the adult size is a little big on me but I think will be ok for DH. All of our Old Navy masks were shades of red and blue that I think my husband and son will be fine with. It appears that Old Navy now lets you pick patterns when you order, which was not the case when I ordered these. The good news is they shipped 3+ weeks ahead of schedule.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

My Hanna Andersson masks arrived yesterday. Good quality, and I was happy with the price. I had thought I was ordering them for my 6 year old son, so I was disappointed when they arrived and we got one purple with white polka dots and one solid fuschia. After washing and drying them, I think they're actually going to fit my 3 year old daughter better (haven't tried them on her, but I held them up to masks that do fit her and guessed they will work). The fabric part of them is smaller than her other masks, but the elastic is longer, so the total ear to ear distance is about the same.

So for anyone else wanting to order them when they become available again -- it's a better gamble if you're ordering for someone who will not mind wearing pink/purple/florals/etc., and I think they're going to be a better fit for the 3-5 range than for the 6-10 range, especially if you put them in the dryer.

Our Old Navy masks also arrived. The kid size of those is fine for my 6 year old, and the adult size is a little big on me but I think will be ok for DH. All of our Old Navy masks were shades of red and blue that I think my husband and son will be fine with. It appears that Old Navy now lets you pick patterns when you order, which was not the case when I ordered these. The good news is they shipped 3+ weeks ahead of schedule.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post

My ON kid masks came last weekend. The kids were not impressed with the colors we got in our variety pack, so I think I am going to use my super cash to order nicer colors. Both 13 and 11 yr. old DDs said they fit well. I have not gotten the adult masks yet, they appear to be in limbo at a city not too far away according to the tracking, I'm wondering if they are lost I was hoping I'd have them to try on so that I could try for fit on DH and I and see if I wanted to order more with my super cash, which ends tonight. I have a smaller face, now I'm wondering if they will be too big for me? I like the fit of the LA Apparel ones I got, but they are warm in the summer heat.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post

My ON kid masks came last weekend. The kids were not impressed with the colors we got in our variety pack, so I think I am going to use my super cash to order nicer colors. Both 13 and 11 yr. old DDs said they fit well. I have not gotten the adult masks yet, they appear to be in limbo at a city not too far away according to the tracking, I'm wondering if they are lost I was hoping I'd have them to try on so that I could try for fit on DH and I and see if I wanted to order more with my super cash, which ends tonight. I have a smaller face, now I'm wondering if they will be too big for me? I like the fit of the LA Apparel ones I got, but they are warm in the summer heat.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My ON kid masks arrived too. We received two that are white with navy check and three that are navy with a thin white stripe. So both kids were happy with the color. They def fit my 10yr old DD well and even I could get away with wearing them (I have a petite face).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

My ON masks came yesterday, going to wash them today before trying them. Unfortunately they have hearts and flowers on them, so DH won't wear them (but I find them pretty, so I hope they fit me!). I was unable to order more using my super cash because their online system was being wonky late Sunday night when I was trying to order

For anyone interested, I saw on Slickdeals that Target has 2-pack two layer cotton masks for $4 on their website and some stores are carrying them as well. Reviews say that the L/XL ones are huge and that the adult S/M should fit most people. They have kid ones too.

Adult S/M https://www.target.com/p/2ct-adult-fabric-face-mask---black-s-m/-/A-79907990?clkid=ae37ec7cN42c53593ab14e3df82a3706a&l nm=360518&afid=Slickdeals_LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Kid - https://www.target.com/p/kids--39--2...t_adv_xasd0002

Slickdeals thread if anyone wants to read reviews from people:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/14110418-2-...src=SiteSearch

On another note, I saw that the CDC is now recommending masks that are 3 layers of fabric (love how all the rules keep changing!). I have some I made (1 layer cotton, one layer flannel), the ON two layer cotton ones, the terry cloth LA Apparel ones, and then the single layer bgreen ones. So no 3 layer masks Which I think would be hotter and harder to breath in, correct?

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast