Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got my kid set of ON masks today, adult set should arrive on Tuesday. So much quicker than I expected after they changed the shipping date several times. I have not had my kids try them on yet, as I want to wash them first. Bid they wash well and fit well we may order more in the future, as they seem well made for the price. Unfortunately the colors I got I know my kids will not like. Two of a white with black print and three of a yellow/gray plaid. The black and white isn’t terrible but the yellow plaid for girls is not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ran into Old Navy, and my store has masks behind the counter. I looked before I left the house and they weren’t an option for curbside pick up, so you might have to actually go into the store. They have two colorways for kids and adults. I’m not sure my 10-year-old DS would have picked either one, but the guy helping me told me which one I should go with. Lol Discounts and promotions aren’t supposed to apply, but somehow my super cash did, so I only paid $10 for the pack. Crossing my fingers they they work for DS’ fussy face.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Default S/O reusable mask reviews, links, deals

Double post

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So many people are making them locally here, selling on Facebook for 6-9 dollars, most with a wire inside and custom fabric, I had Cubs and Blackhawks fabruc so my neighbor made us some. So many great local people, I'd check with your local folks too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Thanks for this! I was curious about their masks because based on the pictures they looked like a great quality basic mask and the price they're selling them at is excellent! I actually bought several XXXXL mens old navy cotton poplin boxers on clearance to make a few summer weight masks for us since I prefer a specific pattern but I only plan on doing 2 layers but with a filter pocket. I am hoping the cotton is decent quality, which I think it probably is...right? If they used 3 layers I'm also guessing it's a fairly thin cotton (which would actually be preferable to me, easier to breathe and since I'm making a filter pocket extra layers can easily be added).

The fabric is a nice soft cotton, I'm sure it will get better with washing. Really, no complaints on the quality. I wear masks for work (nurse), and this design is comfortable and the thickness appropriate to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    What size/age kids would you say the kid size ones are best for? And are the adult more of a smaller woman size or a larger man size? Mine are not due to ship until late June and I am debating if I want to keep or cancel my order.
    This is a tough one since face shapes are so variable. The ON masks say kids size for ages 4+ and I would agree with that. I bought the kids size for my 10 and 14 yo. Some of our homemade masks fit the kids but most are too large, so I bought kids sizes to fill in the gap. At first the elastic seemed tight on the ON masks, but it seemed to "give" a bit and was more comfortable. I would say that DH and I are M/L for head size (from when we ordered sun hats last year) and the masks fit us both well.

Overall, for roughly $2 per mask, this is a steal. I bought a bunch because we seem to go through them quickly. When we come home from an errand or office visit, the mask goes right to the wash. This way we'll have back ups.

A tip- throw all the masks into a lingerie bag when washing, so much easier to find when sorting!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The fabric is a nice soft cotton, I'm sure it will get better with washing. Really, no complaints on the quality. I wear masks for work (nurse), and this design is comfortable and the thickness appropriate to do the job.

This is a tough one since face shapes are so variable. The ON masks say kids size for ages 4+ and I would agree with that. I bought the kids size for my 10 and 14 yo. Some of our homemade masks fit the kids but most are too large, so I bought kids sizes to fill in the gap. At first the elastic seemed tight on the ON masks, but it seemed to "give" a bit and was more comfortable. I would say that DH and I are M/L for head size (from when we ordered sun hats last year) and the masks fit us both well.

Overall, for roughly $2 per mask, this is a steal. I bought a bunch because we seem to go through them quickly. When we come home from an errand or office visit, the mask goes right to the wash. This way we'll have back ups.

A tip- throw all the masks into a lingerie bag when washing, so much easier to find when sorting!
    Do you put your ON ones through the dryer? I’ve found that the ones I ordered from barren and LA Apparel are fine in the drier but the contoured ones I hand sewed get very wrinkly and wonky if I completely dry them. So I dry partially, then smooth out and air dry the rest of the way.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Do you put your ON ones through the dryer? I’ve found that the ones I ordered from barren and LA Apparel are fine in the drier but the contoured ones I hand sewed get very wrinkly and wonky if I completely dry them. So I dry partially, then smooth out and air dry the rest of the way.

yes, I put them in the dryer, because I'm lazy My cotton masks come out all wrinkled looking, but once we put it on, you can't really tell

Default S/O reusable mask reviews, links, deals

Double post
    Last edited by ang79; 05-31-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Double post

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Deleted
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 05-31-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast