Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The Mama Seamstress masks from Etsy are awesome!! Thanks to the poster who mentioned those. They are well-made, comfortable, Fairly breathable for me though I have mild asthma and it does take a little bit of an adjustment to wear a mask, and the nose wire prevents my glasses from fogging! DH said the same thing about the nose wire, so I’ve just placed an order for more. The kids also like them but they did not get the nose wires. However, neither wears glasses. We all wear size medium. I did buy one large just to try it out. It was huge, and I don’t exactly have a delicate face, but I could see how someone with a large face or a big guy could wear those. I would recommend buying one each to try out the sizes and then ordering more, if there is a doubt. I will warn you that she stopped producing them for a little while, but now they are back up.
    ETA: I machine wash them on warm in a lingerie bag with other laundry. I have been hanging them up to dry and they come out perfectly.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    The Mama Seamstress masks from Etsy are awesome!! Thanks to the poster who mentioned those. They are well-made, comfortable, Fairly breathable for me though I have mild asthma and it does take a little bit of an adjustment to wear a mask, and the nose wire prevents my glasses from fogging! DH said the same thing about the nose wire, so I’ve just placed an order for more. The kids also like them but they did not get the nose wires. However, neither wears glasses. We all wear size medium. I did buy one large just to try it out. It was huge, and I don’t exactly have a delicate face, but I could see how someone with a large face or a big guy could wear those. I would recommend buying one each to try out the sizes and then ordering more, if there is a doubt. I will warn you that she stopped producing them for a little while, but now they are back up.
    ETA: I machine wash them on warm in a lingerie bag with other laundry. I have been hanging them up to dry and they come out perfectly.
    Yes! I wore mine out yesterday when I ran some errands and I was pretty happy with it. I think I'm going to order two more for me. I had planned to try the pleated style for DS - the round one seems OK, but is a smidge big on his face. But the kids' style that I bought in store at Old Navy yesterday works pretty well for him, so I think he's set for now. DH is still all about his BGreen style, but appreciates having backups.

I also wash all of our masks in lingerie bags and hang to dry. I've only thrown them in the dryer when I'm intentionally trying to shrink them (which hasn't worked well).
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I'm so glad to hear you all have been as pleased with them as I am! I'm happy to support her little family business in my local area.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the MamaSeamstress love. I think the large rectangular/pleated style is my favorite. The medium contoured fits as well, but I like the rectangular ones the best. Sizing is a little weird so I was glad I bought one of each style in medium and large to see which worked. Very well made and I love that there's a front and a back.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the MamaSeamstress love. I think the large rectangular/pleated style is my favorite. The medium contoured fits as well, but I like the rectangular ones the best. Sizing is a little weird so I was glad I bought one of each style in medium and large to see which worked. Very well made and I love that there's a front and a back.

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

A friend and former colleague of mine pivoted her clothing company to make masks. We receved the adult masks last week and they fit really well. They are made with this high tech fabric that is lightweight yet filters out 99% of particulate matter:

https://www.happymasks.co/pages/technology
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love the Aviator ones, ty for the rec! Made in us, shipped within a week, three layers and super soft. I will do a trial run at my pedicure tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We've decided to take a quick trip to the beach next weekend. Since DS seems to really like his Old Navy masks, I ran in yesterday to grab the adult version since I haven't placed my second Mama Seamstress order yet. The ON version is pretty good. The masks are lightweight, which should make them comfy for N.C. heat in June. They also fit without pulling on my ears. However, the loops are made of a looser style of elastic that doesn't seem to have a lot of bounce back. I can see how these might lose their shape more quickly than a tighter elastic. But for the price and comfort, that's OK.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Twin Mom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I received my old navy adult masks. DD and I were happy with the patterns. If DS had to wear them he would not be. They are both very girly. They did smell a little but hopefully the smell will go away when washed. Picture attached. I haven’t worn one out yet but hopefully the fit will be ok and it won’t move around too much.

The Nordstrom adult masks are very big imo. Even when washed and dried I feel like it moves around too close to my eyes when I wear it. I do have a small face so it’s probably fine for a bigger face! It wasn’t that hot out and the mask felt very hot when I went to the store yesterday. It’s going to be so much worse in the real heat of summer which hasn’t arrived yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Duplicate (This keeps happening to me, and this time I was careful not to press it twice.)
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 06-04-2020 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast