Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I haven't tried these but they are a local company and the masks at least look comfy and easy (particularly for kids) and cheap:

https://stores.customink.com/health-...roducts/1842#/

And if you wanted multi-layer "protection" (I say that loosely because these are clearly not tight-fitting masks) you could probably just wear 2 of them! I think they'd work just fine for the intended purpose of helping to prevent spread by being a cough/sneeze/loud sighs guard.
    Ooh, I am thinking that these might work under the fabric masks with a pocket for a filter, instead of a filter.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I ordered from the link a pp shared upthread (Los Angeles Apparel). They're due to arrive tomorrow and I ordered them last Wed (so arrival 1 week from order placed). I'd be glad to post a review if anyone is interested...
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    I ordered from the link a pp shared upthread (Los Angeles Apparel). They're due to arrive tomorrow and I ordered them last Wed (so arrival 1 week from order placed). I'd be glad to post a review if anyone is interested...
    Curious where you live? I’m the one that posted the link and I ordered there late Thurs. Evening last week, got a shipping notice Friday afternoon, but the tracking says it is still just in pre-ship (USPS has received shipping info but not the item, so label was made but not scanned and shipped). I live in PA so I was expecting a little over a week to get to me (per some of their online reviews). But I’m concerned it hasn’t even shipped yet. Though I know the tracking on usps items isn’t always updated the best.

I decide to make one for each of us for the time being, just in case we need them. After making the first one (which turned out more narrow than I expected), my sewing machine decided to break . So now I am hand sewing a different pattern for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw these Reformation masks mentioned in several online articles, but I can't find reviews for them anywhere. The price is great (5 masks for $25). https://www.thereformation.com/produ...h3czdtjFeDO5Bg

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Saw these Reformation masks mentioned in several online articles, but I can't find reviews for them anywhere. The price is great (5 masks for $25). https://www.thereformation.com/produ...h3czdtjFeDO5Bg
    I really like those and shipping looks pretty quick. Might go for that

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oooops no that was a different website. Not sure about the shipping here.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Please report back if you get them!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I found a seller on Etsy that happens to be located in a city very close to us, selling for $5 each, and extra for filters. She was super nice through the whole order process (we picked from her available fabrics, size, rectangular or round (bra cup shape), with or without nose wire, etc). Etsy order was adding shipping so we decided to meet up locally to avoid shipping cost and time. DH is still working full time OOH so he wanted to try several styles to see which were more comfortable, so we got 6 different combinations of them. She was fast, really nice, and the masks are good quality. DH took one to try out today, I haven't gone out since buying and washing them but trying them on, they are very good and more comfortable than the ones I made by cutting tee shirts. Her Etsy shop is called Mama Seamstress.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Curious where you live? I’m the one that posted the link and I ordered there late Thurs. Evening last week, got a shipping notice Friday afternoon, but the tracking says it is still just in pre-ship (USPS has received shipping info but not the item, so label was made but not scanned and shipped). I live in PA so I was expecting a little over a week to get to me (per some of their online reviews). But I’m concerned it hasn’t even shipped yet. Though I know the tracking on usps items isn’t always updated the best.

I decide to make one for each of us for the time being, just in case we need them. After making the first one (which turned out more narrow than I expected), my sewing machine decided to break . So now I am hand sewing a different pattern for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm in NY. Says in transit and arriving on time. We shall see! I'll post if they do come tomorrow and if I like them.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast