Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You are NOT ALONE. I work from home, but now DC and DH are home with me. DC are fairly good and independent with school, they get chatty in the evening. DH likes to wander in and just chat at any time. Today he said, "I just want someone to talk to"! Poor guy, he is used to an office full of people! However, I am the only one in the house without a dedicated space since they are usually all at work and school when I am working. They all have doors to close to let people know they are busy! I have had more than a few instances where all I want to do is shout "go away and leave me alone"! ARGH!!!

We are definitely learning a LOT about each other!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I saw this on Facebook for kids. But maybe it's good for husbands, too! I know I am thankful mine stays in his space in the basement, lol.

Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

30 minutes. That's how long he just stood here while I tried to work. Chat, chat, chat.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH and I have been working from home full time for years now. Welcome to my world hahahahaha. We actually had to add an office to the house because we both really need our own closed door spaces (lots of teleconferences). So now DH has a very nice office upstairs over the garage with its own full bathroom and a window overlooking the backyard and pool. And yet...he paces around in public areas of the house during phone calls. He paces in his own office - I can hear his footsteps. He just has to pace while on phone calls. He's also LOUD on phone calls...as if talking louder is necessary when on teleconferences.

And then. He likes to come downstairs to visit the dog. Many, many times. The dog prefers to be with me in my office. He comes into my office, sits next to her on the couch, and talks to her. DEAR GOD I'm trying to focus get the F out of my office!!!! Or he will just come in and sit with his cup of tea? WTF? Get out! It's not always that I am needing to be alone to focus....it's more that I need to be alone PERIOD. People say introverts are lucky during this quarantine because we already prefer to be at home. Not true. Introverts need ALONE TIME and ALONE TIME is in ZERO SUPPLY during this quarantine. So that's making me even more crazy.

Yes, I will close the door but when my door is shut for a long time he peeks in to make sure I'm ok. You read that right. He cracks open the door and peeks in. GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-20-2020 at 12:35 PM.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Love love love that sign. I have something similar that I hang on my door when it's closed that DD made me. 1 side says I'm receiving visitors, please knock... bowing is optional. The other basically says to enter at your own risk, upon punishment of death or something like that.

Twowhat? I'd keep a fully loaded nerf weapon on my desk to train him not to do that. No bleeping way.

I couldn’t read and not add this sign- more for kids that for a spouse, but still...

A8133E05-5F64-412D-A1CF-7528E4765B3C.jpg
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    DH and I have been working from home full time for years now. Welcome to my world hahahahaha. We actually had to add an office to the house because we both really need our own closed door spaces (lots of teleconferences). So now DH has a very nice office upstairs over the garage with its own full bathroom and a window overlooking the backyard and pool. And yet...he paces around in public areas of the house during phone calls. He paces in his own office - I can hear his footsteps. He just has to pace while on phone calls. He's also LOUD on phone calls...as if talking louder is necessary when on teleconferences.

And then. He likes to come downstairs to visit the dog. Many, many times. The dog prefers to be with me in my office. He comes into my office, sits next to her on the couch, and talks to her. DEAR GOD I'm trying to focus get the F out of my office!!!! Or he will just come in and sit with his cup of tea? WTF? Get out! It's not always that I am needing to be alone to focus....it's more that I need to be alone PERIOD. People say introverts are lucky during this quarantine because we already prefer to be at home. Not true. Introverts need ALONE TIME and ALONE TIME is in ZERO SUPPLY during this quarantine. So that's making me even more crazy.

Yes, I will close the door but when my door is shut for a long time he peeks in to make sure I'm ok. You read that right. He cracks open the door and peeks in. GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT.
    This was me today GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT but I was working from the kitchen counter. It’s the best place for me setup and zoom class. Today was my first day starting the meeting and leading it with the teacher. We had 2 sessions 30 mins apart and in that break, DH wants to tell me about activating the new credit card.. that could’ve waited until end of day. He got annoyed I wasn’t paying attention, as I’m trying to IT trouble shoot! I don’t have time to think about the credit card right now. Then after the zoom he’s hovering AGAIN asking how much longer I’ll be, the growl of “hours still left to do” didn’t register. I had some time sensitive materials I had to send out today. I’m like “go away and don’t come near me” until I say you can!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

As long time work-together couple - we used to work on yachts, so in very tight quarters - we used.... "I love you, but go away!" when we needed to concentrate or just needed time apart. We use it still!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2