Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Big Little Lies show

I tried to reply to an old thread about this show but it was too old. It's free on Prime right now and I finally watched it. Amazing! I read the book ages ago. Both seasons are on Prime. I didn't know there was a season 2 so that was an awesome gift! I mean, Meryl Streep? So good! I'm betting we have some moms on here that live this lifestyle (I'll be envious if it is just the houses and clothes; hopefully no one has the bad parts!). If you haven't seen season 2, I have your next 7 hours planned. Enjoy!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I tried to reply to an old thread about this show but it was too old. It's free on Prime right now and I finally watched it. Amazing! I read the book ages ago. Both seasons are on Prime. I didn't know there was a season 2 so that was an awesome gift! I mean, Meryl Streep? So good! I'm betting we have some moms on here that live this lifestyle (I'll be envious if it is just the houses and clothes; hopefully no one has the bad parts!). If you haven't seen season 2, I have your next 7 hours planned. Enjoy!
    Oh that is great news!!! I LOVED the first season and watched it several times. Loved the twist ending. I’ve been so eager to see Season 2. With bad allergy season I’ve been staying in walking on the treadmill and the only thing keeping me going is good TV series. I’ve been loving Homeland on Showtime (I HIGHLY recommend that show) but that will soon wrap up its last season. This is perfect timing!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Oh that is great news!!! I LOVED the first season and watched it several times. Loved the twist ending. I’ve been so eager to see Season 2. With bad allergy season I’ve been staying in walking on the treadmill and the only thing keeping me going is good TV series. I’ve been loving Homeland on Showtime (I HIGHLY recommend that show) but that will soon wrap up its last season. This is perfect timing!!
    Enjoy!! I was so unproductive once I discovered it was available!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was disappointed in the first season but watched it. ....I much preferred the book. I will probably watch season 2....thanks for the notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I just started watching again - I watched the first season some time when HBO was free. Mackmama seems to have left the board but her descriptions of the area where she lives always reminded me of this show.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    I just started watching again - I watched the first season some time when HBO was free. Mackmama seems to have left the board but her descriptions of the area where she lives always reminded me of this show.
    I thought the same thing. My childhood best friend lives about 20 minutes from Monterey in this tiny suburb and she calls it “Mayberry” and it totally reminded me of an extension of this show. Even with all of the Corona virus stuff going on she is always talking about how perfect everything is....social distancing, home school, her kids crafts, and life in general....it is kind of irritating imho, but fits the ideal stereotype of people from Monterey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yes! Meryl Streep is great in season 2. I enjoyed it very much.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I Just binged this for the first time and love it! I’m sure the book is even better… I love everything about the story, relationships, and the acting!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I Just binged this for the first time and love it! I’m sure the book is even better… I love everything about the story, relationships, and the acting!
    I can’t imagine it with a different cast. Everyone is so talented!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My only complaint is I couldn’t stop watching once I started. For some reason I would get started daily at 11 pm and stay up until two every morning. Just got out of that cycle this week, thank goodness.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast