Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grown up bikes

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks!!

Yeah, I never intended to buy a $79 Walmart bike, though it occurs to me that it may be better than my old Trek at this point! DH can do what he wants and suffer the consequences. Or continue to run alongside...

I looked at the website of the local bike shop. They have a Trek Fx1 for $440 that I can pick up curbside.

Yes, biking will get more popular as the weather warms. DS and I tried to go out this morning, but it was <50 and we had to turn back when DS's hands got cold...I can't wait for warmer weather!
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If your dh is cool with that Walmart cheapie, he can simply do online order, contactless car pick up. No need to wait.

We’ve only ever bought from local bike shops. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Third on the Electra Townie. I actually hadn't ridden in forever (high school) but my younger boys have wanted to ride a lot lately. I just wanted something comfortable to ride around the neighborhood with them. I called the local bike shop and asked a few questions and picked one up this week. I love it. I want to go out with them every day (when it's not raining). They did say they were expecting a bit of a bike shortage coming up as factories in China were closed and now factories in the US and everyone seems to want one now
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Neatfreak View Post
    I am completely in love with my Electra Townie. It's so fun and comfortable to ride and I put a basket on the front, which is super handy! Definitely not a $79 ride, but it's a long-term keeper. https://www.rei.com/product/851142/e...gh-womens-bike
    i have the same bike, different color. Love it! It’s certainly not cheap but it’s lighter weight, easier to get onto the car rack, etc. love it!

Another vote for not getting a Walmart bike. Such junk. You will feel the difference. We are a Giant or Trek family here. All my kids have Trek and Giant bikes. They each have 2 for different kind of riding. We have gotten them all on Criagslist. That is where I have gotten mine too.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Also add a gel seat cover to the seat, your butt will thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Different bikes fit people differently. We have 5 adult bikes now, and many of them were new from our friends' bike shop. We have a new Cannondale Trail 6(?) that DH loves, a new Specialized Pitch that DD (almost 14) loves, and an older Specialized base model that DS2 loves. DS1 and I are on Cannondales that are 15+ years old and still in excellent shape. The suspension and gears are great. The fit is great. Totally worth the $500ish investment.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just got Ds1 Trek Fx2 in adult medium. We were initially leaning toward the FX1 with the better brakes (disc? can't remember) but decided to get the better one because it may be ds3's bike forever. The folks at the bike store believed wear and tear costs over the next ten years would be way lower. I would call your bike store. There may be good options that will last a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2