Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Ice cream maker?

I am trying to think of things that would be nice to have this summer if we are stuck at home. On my list so far is a fire pit, badminton or other yard games, and I was thinking ice cream maker so that we can explore making new flavors. I have $10 kohls cash to use by tomorrow, they have a small variety but the only one with great reviews is the Cuisinart. Is it worth the $50 I'd pay after coupons? If you have one, do you use it often? Does it make enough ice cream for your family (we are a family of 4, but they like their ice cream!). As a kid we had one of the old school kinds that needed ice and salt and you had to crank. I don't want one of those, I want something easy so that I will use it more often.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a very simple Cuisinart ice cream maker, I bought it probably 10 -15 years ago. I LOVE it! I use it pretty often, and I love being able to make ice cream knowing what is in it because I'm allergic to caffeine so I can't have any regular chocolate at all. I love to make mint chip ice cream using white chocolate chips . It's very easy to use and makes about 2 quarts per batch. We keep the frozen core in the garage freezer so it's ready to go whenever we want to use it. You just turn it on, pour in the mixed/prepared ingredients, let it work about 20 minutes, then transfer to a freezable covered container.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We have had the Cuisinart ice cream maker for at least 15 years, and it's still going strong! It makes enough for our family of four to have several servings each. I used it this past weekend to make frozen yogurt to use up some leftover whole milk yogurt bought by mistake.

We have made ice cream, fro yo and sorbet over the years. Always comes out super easy, directions and recipes are in the booklet in the box!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We started using our ice cream maker again a couple of weeks ago. Love it! I have the Cuisinart. We also have the zoku pops maker, which is really fun and they even have kits, assuming they’re still available, to make creative designs etc. I think it would be a great thing for the summer. Even my older kids will get into it, I think.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer it works well. I also have a Zoku. I
    keep the Zoku and bowl for the Kitchen Aid in garage freezer so they are always ready to go.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, pay the money for the Cuisinart.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have the Cusinart one and it works really well!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Timely thread, I just decided on getting an ice cream maker for DS birthday. He likes to be in the kitchen, and he loves ice cream- so a win for all of us . I have a Kitchen Aid mixer, so was looking at that version and the Cuisinart. Great to hear BBB reviews about the Cuisinart. I think I am going with the Cuisinart version because it seems like the insert takes less space in the freezer than the Kitchen Aid.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is an excellent idea for Father's day! Dh would love it. Although, my kids would probably love it now. Question- what’s the difference (besides the much higher price tag) between the Cuisinart ice cream maker and the gelato maker? Anyone know?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This is an excellent idea for Father's day! Dh would love it. Although, my kids would probably love it now. Question- what’s the difference (besides the much higher price tag) between the Cuisinart ice cream maker and the gelato maker? Anyone know?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast