Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh, I hate that for you. Just wondering if you could do a picture schedule for them and pay the 5yo to "babysit" and follow the schedule...at least for a couple hours. Maybe put their meals/snacks (premade, even lunchable types) in the fridge so you can at least just cruise through your work during that time...and a curious george marathon during their lunch? I cannot imagine the DH issue though. Expecting you were going to get some real work time and what you end up with is someone else's ranting!? Totally unfair.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would just hire a sitter. There are lots of sitters who want work and would be ok that your DH is working outside the house. To me, the risk would be worth it. If my kids were younger, i would definitely be entertaining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I would just hire a sitter. There are lots of sitters who want work and would be ok that your DH is working outside the house. To me, the risk would be worth it. If my kids were younger, i would definitely be entertaining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I would totally consider hiring our favorite sitter (she works at our daycare that is currently closed), but DH would not be ok with it. And the argument would cause more stress than the sitter would relieve. We very rarely argue. He is a great husband and a great Dad. He is the one who offered to take some days off work so I could go to my office (and it totally wasn't his fault that he couldn't this week), and he encourages me to go on vacations with my mom and leave the kids home with him. He cooks dinner almost every night. So I don't want to make it sound like he doesn't do his part the huge majority of the time. But we have not picked the same parts of this to worry about, and I think that has made it more difficult for all of us. So he doesn't worry at all about going to walmart for groceries or stopping by Lowes 3 times in 1 week because he needs a different part to fix the fence, but I insist on curbside pickup for groceries and hate even having to go inside Target to pick up orders there. But for the longest time he wouldn't get takeout from a restaurant when I was ok with it.

It will all be fine in the end. Thanks for letting me vent.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh gosh, OP. I’m sorry. I am not in this position now but I’ve thought many times about how much harder this would all be if I had very little ones. My 6yo is already trying enough but my kids were such that age 2 I never got a minute to rest and think let alone WORK. That’s so much pressure and so hard. It totally stinks.

Couldn't read this and not send a virtual hug! I cannot imagine trying to work and be the primary parent for 2 little ones. I'm having trouble doing my work even though my older kids (10 and 13) are totally self-sufficient and in online classes all day. Hope the week ends on a better note.

Thanks for the virtual hugs and the opportunity to whine! Only half of DH’s shipment arrived today, so he wasn’t able to work at all, just spent the day at his hotel watching movies. They told him he had to stay and wait for it to arrive tomorrow (he is a 6 hour drive from home). The company did at least pay for the “by 9 am tomorrow” shipping. He says they frequently don’t include all the necessary parts, but this time there were 8 boxes missing. He says he is coming home tomorrow whether it is done or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2