boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default ISO socks that last

I keep buying my DDs (10 yo and 7 yo) athletic socks because that’s what they like. However, the brands I’ve tried (gap, ua, adidas) have only lasted a couple of months. Please recommend socks that last. Athletic ones are preferable but non-athletic ones would be okay too (boden? Hanna?).

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Does it have to be fancy like those? Because Hanes work just fine and they're cheap and easy to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Does it have to be fancy like those? Because Hanes work just fine and they're cheap and easy to replace.
    No, they don’t need to be fancy. The biggest thing is I’m just sick of replacing them after a couple months. But I’ll give Hanes a try; then I won’t have all the mismatched colors.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We buy the K Bell ones from Costco, and they seem to last.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    We buy the K Bell ones from Costco, and they seem to last.
    I really like Costco socks. Only problem with them is there’s no consistent inventory. Go back to buy more and they could be totally discontinued. Hanes? You can keep buying them and mixing/matching. Slight changes roll out but you can still wear them together.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I ended up buying Bombas for my 9 year old. They are great. My older 2 like under armor socks. My teenager wears holes in them but he will only wear those socks so I blame it on the intense sports he does.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    I ended up buying Bombas for my 9 year old. They are great. My older 2 like under armor socks. My teenager wears holes in them but he will only wear those socks so I blame it on the intense sports he does.
    I also buy only Under Armour socks for my boys. They definitely hold up better than Hanes.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies! I’ve heard good things about bombas, and I have balega socks myself that I’ve had for years! I didn’t realize they make kids ones!
    Last edited by boltfam; 05-06-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Typo

I buy the kids sized Bombas for myself and I really like them! Not sure if I'd be willing to pay that much for sock that are actually for my kids though. My husband gets holes in the bottom of his Hanes socks a lot. He gets much more wear out of the athletic brands that I buy from TJMaxx. I think he has mostly Adidas and maybe some Fila or something like that? Some people are just rough on socks and it doesn't matter which kind you buy, they're just going to get holes in them. Honestly if none of them last I'd just buy cheap ones.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17