a2mom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Best Vacuum For Everstrand (Soft carpet like SmartStrand)?

We just put in EverStrand (It's a CarpetOne line made by Mohawk - we were told it's the same as SmartStrand under a store name) soft carpet in January, and bought a Shark Ultra Rocket vacuum for it. But we're noticing, 4 months later, that we still get a lot of carpet fiber with each vacuum, and the carpet it starting to mat a bit in high traffic areas, like it's dirty. For those with EverStrand SmartStrand or other soft carpets: what vacuum do you use? Is it normal/ok to have carpet fiber with every vacuum?

Right now we're trying a Shark Navigator but if we run it without the beater bar (I guess that's recommended by Mohawk), the Navigator is super hard to push, and I'm not really sure how well it's cleaning b/c we don't see much at all coming into the dust chamber.

We researched the recommended vacuums but the Soniclean that's recommended has a lot of mixed reviews. Anyone have it and if so, what's your experience with it? TIA!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What's your budget? I have a Miele Complete C3 for Soft Carpet that is great for high pile carpet (I had several shag throw rugs). It's pretty expensive but I love it and have had it for 4 years now. When I bought it on Amazon it was $799 and I had a gift card for $125. The current price on Amazon is inflated.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I6CU2F6..._yLJUEb98Y1YBN

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

a2mom is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Thanks for your reply! We're open to spending a fair amount over $300 for a vacuum, but I want to be reasonably that sure it's going to last more than 2 years and not have a lot of broken parts to replace. My primary concern with the Miele vacuums is that they have a lot of complaint reviews on Amazon that parts break and have to be repaired at owner cost. Have you had anything to repair in the 4 years you've had your Miele?

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by a2mom View Post
    My primary concern with the Miele vacuums is that they have a lot of complaint reviews on Amazon that parts break and have to be repaired at owner cost. Have you had anything to repair in the 4 years you've had your Miele?
    No, zero issues or repairs at all in 4 years. We vacuum the entire house with it once a week and my DS2 uses it daily to vacuum the kitchen and dining room. He's almost 11 and not the most gentle with it!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a sebo x4 or x5 upright, I can't remember which one. I went to a local vacuum shop, bc originally I was looking into miele. We spent a LOT on this vacuum cleaner ($900), we had churned through hoovers, sharks and bissells during our marriage and I was sick of having to buy a new vacuum cleaner every 5 years. Anyway, sebo is a european brand and one of the most low maintenance brands. I love it, it does a great job, is easy to use and easy to carry up and down the stairs. My boys help with vacuuming and they have not had any complaints. I grew up with a horrible kirby, so I hate big clunky vacuum cleaners. If you have the money, look into a sebo. I do recommend you visit a specialized shop, there were many brands I had not heard of before and when I told him what I was looking for he helped us to narrow it down to two models. Mine has a retractable wand that i really like too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs