Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default MZ Wallace Metro Totes ON SALE

Just took a look at the MZ Wallace sale and Metro Totes are 40% off - it's looking like the mediums are around $129-135 and large are $141.

I've been waiting forever for these to go on sale, since I really don't need one, but I've already purchased two other tote bags since March. Trying to figure out if I should have faith that I'll ever leave the house again and just get one - or accept that I have no idea when I'll need to pack a "day bag" again and sit tight...

All said with a keen awareness that I'm so incredibly fortunate to be healthy and have the resources to even debate purchasing something unnecessary right now.

erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Do you have a link to the sale page? I can’t seem to find it on their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    Just took a look at the MZ Wallace sale and Metro Totes are 40% off - it's looking like the mediums are around $129-135 and large are $141.

I've been waiting forever for these to go on sale, since I really don't need one, but I've already purchased two other tote bags since March. Trying to figure out if I should have faith that I'll ever leave the house again and just get one - or accept that I have no idea when I'll need to pack a "day bag" again and sit tight...

All said with a keen awareness that I'm so incredibly fortunate to be healthy and have the resources to even debate purchasing something unnecessary right now.

I received it in an email - so let's see if this works:

https://www.mzwallace.com/shop/sale?...s%20Marketable

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Do you wear the metro tote over your shoulder? I have shied away from this style, bc I feel like it would slip off of my shoulders and annoy me, especially when wearing a nylon winter coat or jacket.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Usually only the obscure colors go on sale in the metro tote style so if you want one this would be the time. I got the email yesterday but missed it. Oops. Not sure if I should thank you or not.

Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I do but yes it does slip off the shoulder imo. I still use it anyway but it is annoying at times.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Do you wear the metro tote over your shoulder? I have shied away from this style, bc I feel like it would slip off of my shoulders and annoy me, especially when wearing a nylon winter coat or jacket.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Metro straps do fall off the should sometimes. I own the medium, which is a big bag. I find that if I take the strap furthest from my neck and tuck it under the other strap so that they crisscross and the one near my neck is now on top and on the outside, that they don’t slip off my shoulder. I also know that amazon sells purse gummies and some mzw fans have used those on the metro straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for this heads up - this is an AMAZING sale - I have never seen the Jim or Jimmy bags on sale before and this sale has a few styles available! I already have a Jimmy but then they came out with the travel Jimmy which I would love to have but seems excessive to buy since I already have a Jimmy. So then I'm like "well, maybe I want a Travel Jim"...they don't have the colors I would choose but the prices are so good that I'm tempted...

y'all if you don't have a travel Jimmy you are definitely missing out!! I love my Jimmy so much and I so, so, so wish they had the travel style with the luggage sleeve when I bought mine...
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-14-2020 at 10:18 AM.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Thanks for this heads up - this is an AMAZING sale - I have never seen the Jim or Jimmy bags on sale before and this sale has a few styles available! I already have a Jimmy but then they came out with the travel Jimmy which I would love to have but seems excessive to buy since I already have a Jimmy. So then I'm like "well, maybe I want a Travel Jim"...they don't have the colors I would choose but the prices are so good that I'm tempted...

y'all if you don't have a travel Jimmy you are definitely missing out!! I love my Jimmy so much and I so, so, so wish they had the travel style with the luggage sleeve when I bought mine...
    Tell me more. What do you love about Jimmy and how do you use it?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Tell me more. What do you love about Jimmy and how do you use it?
    I use my Jimmy for travel (which I know, is not going to happen anytime soon). But, it's compact enough that you could also get away with using it as a large purse. The kids call my Jimmy my "Mary Poppins bag" because it fits a deceptively large amount of content Traveling for business I can get away with using my laptop backpack + my Jimmy for 2-3 nights. I do pack light and I am small so my clothes are smaller and I tend to use washable synthetics for work clothes...but in my Jimmy I can pack a light tank/shorts for sleeping, flip flops for hotel room, all my toiletries, bras and undies for 3 nights, 2 pairs of pants/leggings, 2 tops, 1 light cardigan, 1 pair of Rothys, and a few other odds and ends, such as a battery charger. If I need a blazer or coat I typically wear it on the plane but I have also packed a lightweight knit blazer in my Jimmy along with everything else I mentioned. In my backpack I carry my laptop, notebook, hand sanitizer, lotion, Kleenex, wallet, electronics cords, airpods, water bottle, snacks, and my Lululemon vinyasa scarf which does double duty in all seasons: add warmth when waiting for Ubers in the winter (I wear it as a scarf and that plus blazer blocks enough wind to stand outside for a few minutes, even if it's very cold), and in the summer I use it to take the chill off inside airports/airplanes/air-conditioned spaces.

The Travel Jimmy incorporates a luggage sleeve WITH A ZIPPER ALONG THE BOTTOM so that you can close it up and use it as another pocket on the outside of the bag. Genius!!! So wish I had this version!!!

And yes, germaphobe me has washed her Jimmy in the washing machine. Twice now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast